RE: FW: [perlguitest] perl help

  • Rajeev J
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22 5:05 AM
      Hi Jason,

      When I tried that I got the following error message

      E:\Win32-GuiTest-1.49>ppm install win32-guitest.ppd
      Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.

      I have unzipped the file into the directory e:\win32-guitest-1.49 so I
      enter into that directory and try to run the install .Please let me know
      in case I need to do some thing different
    • Jason Blakey
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 22 5:14 AM
        Hi Rajeev,

        what version/distribution of Perl are you using, and on what kind of machine?

        Thanks,
        jason

        On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:35:47 +0530, Rajeev J wrote

        --
        This email from jason blakey - jblakey@...
        "The luckiest guy in the world!"
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22 5:29 AM
          HI Jason,

          I am using perl ver 5.8.0 build 805 and the operating system is Win xp.

          Regards,
          Rajeev
        • Rajeev J
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 23 1:18 AM
            Message
            HI

            I have now uninstalled 5.8 and installed 5.6.1 , but now it is saying that
            'ppm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
            operable program or batch file.

            Let me know what should i change now

            rajeev
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 23 2:20 AM
              Message
              Hey,

              the problem is solved , i had not installed the ppm component in perl due to which the ppm command was not working and jarrod you were right when you said that ppm works with out any problem in ver 5.6.1 .

              i guess there is a problem in ver 5.8

              thanks