Re: [perlguitest] Re: Moving from yahoo to source forge - what do you think

  • Octavian Rasnita
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13 10:53 AM
      I hope I am not doing something bad if I ask... Why the list should be moved on another server if Yahoo will be owned by MS?
      Why not using MS's resources for having a mailing list?

      What's the "risk"?

      Octavian

      Message 2 of 8 , May 13 12:47 PM
        This is a very good question.
        Firstly, there is a logistic reason, which was well summarized by
        Brent in his post. Since Win32::GuiTest code is hosted on source
        forge, it seams to be logical to have discussion forums there.

        Secondly Microsoft loves changing things. From time to time I need to
        write some code in Win API. So I visit their web page to get current
        compilers and other tools. And I always find out, that there is a new
        sturcture of SDKs, and getting what I want for free (which used to be
        free) becomes more and more difficult.

        Thirdly, I don't expect them to care to much about making their sites
        work well with any browser which is not IE.

        --Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@...>