Re: FW: [perlguitest] perl help

  • Jason Blakey
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22, 2003
      Try just

      ppm install Win32-GuiTest

      Thanks,
      jason

      On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:52:46 +0530, Rajeev J wrote

      --
      This email from jason blakey - jblakey@...
      "The luckiest guy in the world!"
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 22, 2003
        Hi Jason,

        When I tried that I got the following error message

        E:\Win32-GuiTest-1.49>ppm install win32-guitest.ppd
        Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.

        I have unzipped the file into the directory e:\win32-guitest-1.49 so I
        enter into that directory and try to run the install .Please let me know
        in case I need to do some thing different
      • Jason Blakey
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22, 2003
          Hi Rajeev,

          what version/distribution of Perl are you using, and on what kind of machine?

          Thanks,
          jason

          On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:35:47 +0530, Rajeev J wrote

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 22, 2003
            HI Jason,

            I am using perl ver 5.8.0 build 805 and the operating system is Win xp.

            Regards,
            Rajeev
          • Rajeev J
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 23, 2003
              Message
              HI

              I have now uninstalled 5.8 and installed 5.6.1 , but now it is saying that
              'ppm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
              operable program or batch file.

              Let me know what should i change now

              rajeev
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 23, 2003
                Message
                Hey,

                the problem is solved , i had not installed the ppm component in perl due to which the ppm command was not working and jarrod you were right when you said that ppm works with out any problem in ver 5.6.1 .

                i guess there is a problem in ver 5.8

                thanks