Re: Installation problem

  • sandi_siva
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
      HI,
      Please Check ur Perl Installation path.
      and i guess u have the installer ZIP with the PPD and Read me file.
      Try the same way steps given in Read txt.
      Worked for me.

      Cheers
      Sandi
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Arunkumar" <Arun.Kumar@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      > I have already installed Active PERL, I am trying to install
      > WIN32GuiTest, afte downloading it.
      > I enter -
      > ppm> install E:\programming languages\Perl\bin\Win32GuiTest\Win32-
      > GuiTest.ppd
      > I receive -
      > Error: No valid repositories: Error: 500 Can't connect to
      > ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown error) at E:/programing
      > languages/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84
      > Any suggestions on what is going wrong?
      > Thanks in advance
      > Arun

    • vidhut singh
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
        Hi Arun,

        Your computer is not allowed to connect to the Perl Repositiory. Pls ask from you network administration to allow the sites which is prerequisite for PPM repository access.
        Your internet connection must be DHCP's type and your facing problem in accessing.
        It is no where related to PERL installation probelm.

        Regards,
        Vidhut