FW: [perlguitest] perl help

  • Rajeev J
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22, 2003
      Here I also tried to install the win32::guitest gettting the module from
      cpan.org but when I use the command to install

      Using
      ppm> install C:\TEMP\Win32-GuiTest-1.49\win32-guitest.ppd
      Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.

      Here I have extracted the product to the directory called
      Win32-GuiTest-1.49

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 22, 2003
        Try just

        ppm install Win32-GuiTest

        Thanks,
        jason

        On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:52:46 +0530, Rajeev J wrote

        --
        This email from jason blakey - jblakey@...
        "The luckiest guy in the world!"
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22, 2003
          Hi Jason,

          When I tried that I got the following error message

          E:\Win32-GuiTest-1.49>ppm install win32-guitest.ppd
          Error: no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.

          I have unzipped the file into the directory e:\win32-guitest-1.49 so I
          enter into that directory and try to run the install .Please let me know
          in case I need to do some thing different
        • Jason Blakey
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 22, 2003
            Hi Rajeev,

            what version/distribution of Perl are you using, and on what kind of machine?

            Thanks,
            jason

            On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:35:47 +0530, Rajeev J wrote

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 22, 2003
              HI Jason,

              I am using perl ver 5.8.0 build 805 and the operating system is Win xp.

              Regards,
              Rajeev
            • Rajeev J
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 23, 2003
                Message
                HI

                I have now uninstalled 5.8 and installed 5.6.1 , but now it is saying that
                'ppm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                operable program or batch file.

                Let me know what should i change now

                rajeev
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 23, 2003
                  Message
                  Hey,

                  the problem is solved , i had not installed the ppm component in perl due to which the ppm command was not working and jarrod you were right when you said that ppm works with out any problem in ver 5.6.1 .

                  i guess there is a problem in ver 5.8

                  thanks