Installation problem

  • Arunkumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25 12:33 AM
      Hello
      I have already installed Active PERL, I am trying to install
      WIN32GuiTest, afte downloading it.
      I enter -
      ppm> install E:\programming languages\Perl\bin\Win32GuiTest\Win32-
      GuiTest.ppd
      I receive -
      Error: No valid repositories: Error: 500 Can't connect to
      ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown error) at E:/programing
      languages/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84
      Any suggestions on what is going wrong?
      Thanks in advance
      Arun
    • sandi_siva
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 1:29 AM
        HI,
        Please Check ur Perl Installation path.
        and i guess u have the installer ZIP with the PPD and Read me file.
        Try the same way steps given in Read txt.
        Worked for me.

        Cheers
        Sandi
        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Arunkumar" <Arun.Kumar@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        > I have already installed Active PERL, I am trying to install
        > WIN32GuiTest, afte downloading it.
        > I enter -
        > ppm> install E:\programming languages\Perl\bin\Win32GuiTest\Win32-
        > GuiTest.ppd
        > I receive -
        > Error: No valid repositories: Error: 500 Can't connect to
        > ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown error) at E:/programing
        > languages/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84
        > Any suggestions on what is going wrong?
        > Thanks in advance
        > Arun

      • vidhut singh
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25 1:42 AM
          Hi Arun,

          Your computer is not allowed to connect to the Perl Repositiory. Pls ask from you network administration to allow the sites which is prerequisite for PPM repository access.
          Your internet connection must be DHCP's type and your facing problem in accessing.
          It is no where related to PERL installation probelm.

          Regards,
          Vidhut