Guitest. How to move a slider in a trackbar32

  • basvanberkel
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13 6:22 AM
      Hi all,

      I am doing some experiments with Perl to do some Guitesting.
      My Gui excist for 90% off trackbars with sliders.
      Now I am trying to automaticcly move the slider, but I can't get it
      working.

      Any suggestings?

      Tnx in advance,
      Bas van Berkel
      Testengineer
    • Chris Hilton
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16 7:57 AM
        Here's how I do a click and drag. You should be able to do something
        similar.

        MouseMoveAbsPix($x, $y);
        SendMouse("{LEFTDOWN}{REL$xOffset,$yOffset}{LEFTUP}");

        Chris

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 17 1:30 AM
          Hi Chris,

          I don't want to use the mousemoveabs, becaute the position of the
          GUI can change. I want to work with the control ID of the button.
          If you want to push a button, u can also work with the control id.
          For example:
          PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 126 (126 means the control id)

          And I want to make somethink like this for moving a slider. But it
          seems not possible :/

          Bas

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@...>
          wrote:

          > Here's how I do a click and drag. You should be able to do
          something
          > similar.
          >
          > MouseMoveAbsPix($x, $y);
          > SendMouse("{LEFTDOWN}{REL$xOffset,$yOffset}{LEFTUP}");
          >
          > Chris
          >

          > ________________________________

        • basvanberkel
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 17 2:47 AM
            Is it possible to activate the window of a Trackbar?
            Because I could do somehing like this:

            my @wndw = FindWindowLike( undef, undef, undef, 383, 9 );

            EnableWindow( $wndw[ 0 ], 1 ); ??
            SetActiveWindow( $wndw [ 0 ] ); ??

            Then I could do some Keybord input to the slider.
            The advantage is that it doesn't matter where the GUI is located.
            But I can't get the enablewindow or SetActiveWindow working.
            Somebody knows?

            Bas

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "basvanberkel"
            <basvanberkel@...> wrote:

            > Hi Chris,
            >
            > I don't want to use the mousemoveabs, becaute the position of the
            > GUI can change. I want to work with the control ID of the button.
            > If you want to push a button, u can also work with the control id.
            > For example:
            > PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 126 (126 means the control id)
            >
            > And I want to make somethink like this for moving a slider. But it
            > seems not possible :/
            >
            > Bas
            >

            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Here's how I do a click and drag. You should be able to do
            > something
            > > similar.
            > >
            > > MouseMoveAbsPix($x, $y);
            > > SendMouse("{LEFTDOWN}{REL$xOffset,$yOffset}{LEFTUP}");
            > >
            > > Chris
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • basvanberkel
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 17 3:47 AM
              I made it now like this:

              my @wndw = FindWindowLike( undef, undef, undef, 383, 9 );
              if( !@wndw ){
              die "Cannot find window with the slider\n";
              }else{
              printf( "Window handle of the slider is %x\n", $wndw[ 0 ] );
              }
              SetFocus( $wndw[0] );

              for (my $testup=1; $testup<128; $testup++)
              {
              SendKeys("{RIGHT}");
              printf( "Testup = %x\n", $testup );
              }

              Now I am testing the GUI without being dependant of the position of
              the slider.
              I am satisfied now. Maybe a Tip for someone who was looking for this.

              Greetz,

              <basvanberkel@...> wrote:

              > Hi Chris,
              >
              > I don't want to use the mousemoveabs, becaute the position of the
              > GUI can change. I want to work with the control ID of the button.
              > If you want to push a button, u can also work with the control id.
              > For example:
              > PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 126 (126 means the control id)
              >
              > And I want to make somethink like this for moving a slider. But it
              > seems not possible :/
              >
              > Bas
              >

              > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Here's how I do a click and drag. You should be able to do
              > something
              > > similar.
              > >
              > > MouseMoveAbsPix($x, $y);
              > > SendMouse("{LEFTDOWN}{REL$xOffset,$yOffset}{LEFTUP}");
              > >
              > > Chris
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • Gergo Palatinszky
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 17 3:53 AM

                Is there anybody who has a good method to refer to these bar elements
                (button like) (how to dig out any info, hwnd, etc)

                Thanx

                Br,

                Pala

              • kapil sharma
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 19 12:27 AM
                  The following piece of code will position the mouse to
                  the middle of the trackbar.
                  You can use Send mouse key down event and get the
                  desired result.

                  Here the mid position / cordinates of the trackbar are
                  being calculated heuristically, so ewven if the
                  trackbar moves, it will still poistion the mouse at
                  the middle.

                  I hope this helps.

                  Regards,
                  Kapil

                  Code Start
                  my ( $left_Trackbar, $top_trackbar, $right_trackbar,
                  $bottom_trackbar ) = GetWindowRect($Handle_trackbar);
                  MouseMoveAbsPix( ((( $right_trackbar + $left_trackbar
                  ) / 2)), (( $top_trackbar + $bottom_trackbar ) / 2));
                  Code Ends

                  --- basvanberkel <basvanberkel@...> wrote:

                  > Is it possible to activate the window of a Trackbar?
                  > Because I could do somehing like this:
                  >
                  > my @wndw = FindWindowLike( undef, undef, undef, 383,
                  > 9 );
                  >
                  > EnableWindow( $wndw[ 0 ], 1 ); ??
                  > SetActiveWindow( $wndw [ 0 ] ); ??
                  >
                  > Then I could do some Keybord input to the slider.
                  > The advantage is that it doesn't matter where the
                  > GUI is located.
                  > But I can't get the enablewindow or SetActiveWindow
                  > working.
                  > Somebody knows?
                  >
                  > Bas
                  >

                  > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "basvanberkel"
                  > <basvanberkel@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Chris,
                  > >
                  > > I don't want to use the mousemoveabs, becaute the
                  > position of the
                  > > GUI can change. I want to work with the control ID
                  > of the button.
                  > > If you want to push a button, u can also work with
                  > the control id.
                  > > For example:
                  > > PushChildButton( $whnds[ 0 ], 126 (126 means
                  > the control id)
                  > >
                  > > And I want to make somethink like this for moving
                  > a slider. But it
                  > > seems not possible :/
                  > >
                  > > Bas
                  > >

                  > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton"
                  > <chilton@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Here's how I do a click and drag. You should be
                  > able to do
                  > > something
                  > > > similar.
                  > > >
                  > > > MouseMoveAbsPix($x, $y);

                  SendMouse("{LEFTDOWN}{REL$xOffset,$yOffset}{LEFTUP}");

                  > > > Chris

                  privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com