problems installing Win32::GuiTest

  • Angel Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6 11:44 AM
      Hello, Everyone,

      I am having a very hard time installing Win32::Guitest on this machine. I have install it on two other computers successfully but I must be thinking goofy today.

      I use ActiveState perl 5.8.8 build 817 on a windows XP (MediaCenter) with service pack 2

      I tried to install it with the ActiveState PPM and got nowhere. I tried with the "perl -MCPAN -e shell" and got nowhere so I tried with the

      nmake makefile.pl

      nmake

      those two completed but then I fail at nmake test

      C:\guitest>nmake test

      Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.42

      C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "-Iblib\lib" "-Iblib\arch" test.pl
      1..26
      Can't load 'blib\arch/auto/Win32/GuiTest/GuiTest.dll' for module Win32::GuiTest: load_file:The specified module could not be found
      at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
      at test.pl line 31
      Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 31.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test.pl line 31.
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe' : return code '0x2'
      Stop.

      C:\guitest>

      any hints, what am I doing wrong today???

      thanks,

      angel
    • Angel Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6 12:14 PM
        Hello perlguitest,

        No sooner do I hit enter than I have it working.

        The Win32::GuiTest downloaded from CPAN is a 1.3 and does not work
        with anything I tried.

        The Win32::GuiTest downloaded from Source forge is a 1_5_5 and works
        right away with ActiveState PPM. I didn't try other methods but I
        assume those would work also.

        angel
      • Prahlad Singh
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8 9:16 PM
          Inside Win32-GuiTest folder, execute following command:

          ppm install ./Win32-GuiTest.ppd

          I am pretty sure it shall resolve your issue.

          Thanks,

          PS

          _____