perl help

  • Rajeev J
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2003
      HI,

      I am new to perl and want to use the library win32::GUITEST

      Here is the program which I am trying to run

      se Win32::GuiTest qw/FindWindowLike GetWindowText GetClassName
      GetChildDepth GetDesktopWindow/;

      for (FindWindowLike()) {
      $s = sprintf("0x%08X", $_ );
      $s .= ", '" . GetWindowText($_) . "', " . GetClassName($_);
      print "+" x GetChildDepth(GetDesktopWindow(), $_), $s, "\n";

      But when I run this I get a error
      Can't locate Win32/GuiTest.pm in @INC (@INC contains: E:/Perl/lib
      E:/Perl/site/l
      ib .) at E:\Perl\spy.pl line 2.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at E:\Perl\spy.pl line 2.
      ==

      What changes do I need to do and how do I use the library of win32

      Please help me in this , your help would be appreciated.

      Rajeev
    • Blinch, Jarrod
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2003

        Hey Rajeev,

           I had a similar problem.  It seems ppm does not work in perl ver 5.8.0.  Simply download the previous version (5.6.1) from Active Perl.  Once I installed that version I had no trouble getting ppm to install GuiTest.

        Hope that helps,

        Jarrod