Help needed

  • Kiran Rajan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28, 2007
      Hi all

      I have an application which minimizes to system tray on opening. How can
      i open it from system tray using Perl (What I want to do is a right
      click on the system tray icon and select maximize option) ?

      Thanks

      Kiran

    • Suhas Bharadwaj
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 28, 2007
        You have to use two options,

        1. FindWindowLike

        2. SetForegroundWindow

        ________________________________

        I have an application which minimizes to system tray on opening. How can
        i open it from system tray using Perl (What I want to do is a right
        click on the system tray icon and select maximize option) ?

        Thanks

        Kiran

        for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
        please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
        you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to
        any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain
        viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk,
        but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in
        this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the
        e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the
        content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to
        or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.

      • Suhas Bharadwaj
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 28, 2007
          You have to use two options,

          1. FindWindowLike

          2. SetForegroundWindow

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
            Nope i m not agree with Suhas .. it is not possible ot find the handle of the toolbar's icon.. .................................
            by using below mentioned functions ..
            Regards,
            Vidhut

            Suhas Bharadwaj <suhas.bharadwaj@...> wrote:
            You have to use two options,

            1. FindWindowLike

            2. SetForegroundWindow

            ________________________________

[...]

          • srinivasannamaraju
            Message 5 of 5 , May 6, 2007

              Pls go thru the below code. It might solve your problem. I found
              this in of the Google Search.

              # --------- Move the mouse over particular tray icon --------
              Arugument= Tray icon tool tip (reg exp)
              &GoToTray("Yahoo")

              sub GoToTray(){
              my $tray=$_[0];
              my @wintray=FindWindowLike(0,"","TrayNotifyWnd");
              SetForegroundWindow($wintray[0]);
              my ($l,$t,$r,$b)=GetWindowRect($wintray[0]);
              sleep 5;
              while(1)
              {
              MouseMoveAbsPix($r,$t+($b-$t)/2);
              sleep 1;
              my @all = FindWindowLike("");
              for my $obj (@all)
              {
              my $text=WMGetText($obj);
              my $class=GetClassName($obj);
              if($text=~/$tray/i && $class eq "tooltips_class32")
              {
              print"....Tray $tray Found\n";
              return 1;
              if($r<$l)
              {
              print"....Tray icon: $tray not Found.\n";
              return 0;
              }
              $r=$r-10;

              Have a Gud day.