Windows and their children

  • Mark Seger
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24 4:21 AM
      From what little dabbling I've done in windows programming (a long
      time ago), I recall that almost everything is a window, including
      buttons, which is why when I make a call to FindWindowsLike with no
      arguments I get over 500 windows ids. If I call it with a specific
      window id I jus get the ids of its children. Great...

      Now for my question - I was assuming that when one clicked on
      something like 'File' at the top of a window and a dropdown box
      appeared, that that too would be a window as well as a child of the
      top window but that doesn't seem to be the case.

      I have a little script that gets the id of the window with focus and
      than calls FindWindows Like to get all its children and print their
      titles. As I change the window that has focus, the number of its
      children indeed changes, but if I click on a menu item the number of
      children remains constant. Is there a way to tell the screen has changed?

      -mark