Nagios

  • andi_fbg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2007

      has anyone ever tried to use Perl-scripts using WinGui-Test as a
      Nagios Plugin?

      This would help us great deal in monitoring some applications that are
      "Windows GUI"-only in an UNix-environment using nagios.

      I tried to experiment a bit but when calling the plugin it gets
      started as user SYSTEM and e.g the calculator-example returns 0 as
      result and doesn't get killed - so subsequent calls report that "there
      might be more than one calculator running" ...

      Any ideas on this one?

      thx

      /Andreas
    • Sander Pool
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2007
        Andreas,

        the way I deal with that is I change the text of the main window as soon
        as I have grabbed it. I use the pid so I know the name is unique. That
        way I can have as many calculators (or whatever) as I like. I can always
        find the new one.

        I have no experience with Nagios so I hope my answer applies to your
        situation.

        Sander