How do you list all the visible windows?

  • Mark Seger
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2007
      I did figure out that by calling FindWindowLike() with no arguments I
      can get a list of ALL the windows and using their handles get their
      titles from GetWindowText. However ALL the windows consists of many
      more than are actually visible.

      I also found that by passing the handles to GetWindowRect() I can get
      the windows coordinates and quicky ignore those with negative numbers
      and those with coordinates of all 0s, but there are still a lot left
      over. Perhaps there is some hierarchy one can follow but I don't know
      what that is or how to do it.

      I'm guessing there are additional filters I could apply to the those
      that remain, but I'm not really sure of the best way to go about this.

      I've gotta believe this is something people do all the time, but being
      new to this I've yet to crack the code. Can someone help?

      -mark