Interaction with 'rcmd'

  • Mark Seger
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2007
      I just discoved GuiTest yesterday - great tool - and this group about
      5 minutes ago!

      Has anyone ever used GuiTest to try and control a remote system via
      the rcmd service? For those not familiar with rcmd, this is available
      as part of the resource kit and is pretty slick. You just run it and
      give it the address of a remote machine and a command you want to run
      - in my case it's a perl script that uses GuiTest. The problem is
      when I try to locate a particular window the call to FindWindowsLike()
      fails and I'm sure because I'm not associated with a window at that point.

      My next thought was to try and run 'cmd.exe /c script', associating my
      script with a command window and therefore giving it the context it
      would need but it still fails. Any suggestions?

      -mark
    • Sander Pool
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2007
        Mark,

        I use STAF to launch Win32::GUI scripts remotely. STAF runs in
        application mode under terminal server. I'm not sure it would work as a
        service when no one is logged in. Look for STAF on source forge. It's
        not trivial to use but quite powerful.

        Sander