description

  • Yee Lee Poh
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2001
      Hi there,

      May I know where can I find the description of a command within the
      Win32::GuiTest? Eg, FindWindowLike(0," ", " "). What does 0 represent?
      In between " ", what will it accept?

      That's all, thank u.

      Regards,
      Yee
    • erngui
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2001

        --- In perlguitest@y..., "aslpyee" <aslpyee@n...> wrote:
        [...]
        > I am a new user. May I know where can I find the description of a
        > command within the Win32::GuiTest? Eg, FindWindowLike
        (0," ", " ").
        > What does 0 represent? Between " ", what will it accept?

        The documentation is not as comprehensive as I'd like. Some functions
        are documented in the readme file that comes with the distribution:

        http://search.cpan.org/doc/ERNGUI/Win32-GuiTest-1.3/README.html

        About FindWindowLike it says:

        FindWindowLike WINDOW, TITLEPATTERN, CLASSPATTERN, CHILDID

        Finds the window handles of the windows matching the specified
        parameters and returns them as a list.
        You may specify the handle of the window to search under. The routine
        searches through all of this windows children and their children
        recursively. If 'undef' then the routine searches through all
        windows. There is also a regexp used to match against the text in the
        window caption and another regexp used to match against the text in
        the window class. If you pass a child ID number, the functions will
        only match windows with this id. In each case undef matches
        everything.

        Regards,
        Ernesto.
        --