Additional functions to test SysTreeView32 control.

  • kpqt01
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20 8:52 AM
      Hello all,

      I've been working with Win32::GuiTest to test our product for about 6
      months now. I notice that there aren't many functions to deal with
      SysTreeView32 control. But, our application using so much TreeView
      control, so it force me to write some additional functionality to
      navigate around the tree's node.

      Since I needed it so bad, I figure some one else might needed it too.
      So I'd like to share the code with you guys and hopefully it will be
      useful.

      I am not confident enough with my C++ programming skill to edit the
      Win32::GuiTest module's backend. So, I decided to write just PERL code
      using the example that provided with the project. I notice that some
      of the code already exist in the current version of Win32::GuiTest,
      but I just has to write these little function to test our application.
      Please keep in mind that my PERL Code skill also kind of poor and
      pretty messy. But it does get things done for me :).

      Anyhow, by posting TreeView.pm and TreeView.pm.html files here, I hope
      that some of the PERL and C++ Expert out there can correct my mistakes
      and make it more useful. I'd also like to ask if one of the project's
      Moderator or Programmer can add this little functionality into next
      version of Win32::GuiTest.

      I don't know how to attached file in Yahoo group's messages so I am
      going to temporary put it in the following place. Hopefully one of the
      moderators can get the 2 files and post it some where so people can
      get it.

      http://compxsolution.com/TreeView/TreeView.pm
      http://compxsolution.com/TreeView/TreeView.pm.html

      If you guys have any question please feel free to email me @
      kpham.p@...

      Thank you all for a great project.
      Khanh Pham
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20 11:57 AM
        Excellent!

        Once I have some time I will incorporate in the official release.
        Many, many thanks.

        --Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "kpqt01" <kpqt01@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > I've been working with Win32::GuiTest to test our product for about 6
        > months now. I notice that there aren't many functions to deal with
        > SysTreeView32 control. But, our application using so much TreeView
        > control, so it force me to write some additional functionality to
        > navigate around the tree's node.
        >
        > Since I needed it so bad, I figure some one else might needed it too.
        > So I'd like to share the code with you guys and hopefully it will be
        > useful.
        >
        > I am not confident enough with my C++ programming skill to edit the
        > Win32::GuiTest module's backend. So, I decided to write just PERL code
        > using the example that provided with the project. I notice that some
        > of the code already exist in the current version of Win32::GuiTest,
        > but I just has to write these little function to test our application.
        > Please keep in mind that my PERL Code skill also kind of poor and
        > pretty messy. But it does get things done for me :).
        >
        > Anyhow, by posting TreeView.pm and TreeView.pm.html files here, I hope
        > that some of the PERL and C++ Expert out there can correct my mistakes
        > and make it more useful. I'd also like to ask if one of the project's
        > Moderator or Programmer can add this little functionality into next
        > version of Win32::GuiTest.
        >
        > I don't know how to attached file in Yahoo group's messages so I am
        > going to temporary put it in the following place. Hopefully one of the
        > moderators can get the 2 files and post it some where so people can
        > get it.
        >
        > http://compxsolution.com/TreeView/TreeView.pm
        > http://compxsolution.com/TreeView/TreeView.pm.html
        >
        > If you guys have any question please feel free to email me @
        > kpham.p@...
        >
        > Thank you all for a great project.
        > Khanh Pham

      • gs rao
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20 9:02 PM
          Hi Piotr,

          I am new to the Win32:GuiTest programming.I have downloaded the installable folder from your site and tried for installation.I have already installed the Active Perl 5.6 in my system and I have tried to install the Win32:GuiTest on the same system.
          As per the instructions, I have started the installation.

          After giving value for this statement Install package 'C:\temp\win32-guitest.ppd?' (y/N): Y, it's giving the error message like "it's not installable in the current build".

          Is there any restriction or presteps we need to take care before the installation of the Win32:GuiTest ? Can you please tell me do we need to install the latest Active Perl version or the current Active Perl 5.6 version is fine to install the Win32:GuiTest in my system.

          Please let me know, if you need more information.

          Thanks in advance.

          Regards,
          G.Subba Rao