Re: UnCheckButton, CheckButton, SelComboItemText, WMSetText

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2007
      Try using a mixture of SendKeys and SendMouse* methods.
      Using control specific functions like SelComboItemText is risky. There
      are several events, which can be observed by an application. Those
      events maybe related to key strokes and mose events. If you use
      control specific function, those events will not be generated.

      --Piotr

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "davidjohnibberson"
      <david.ibberson@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I am using the above functions to set values of the relevant controls.
      >
      > UnCheckButton will uncheck the checbox on screen
      > CheckButton - will check the checkbox on screen
      > SelComboItemText - will select the correct item from the list
      > WMSetText - will set the value of the text edit.
      >
      > However, the values are not really set - when I save the record all
      > default values are used.
      >
      > I've seen some posts on this forum about using sendmessage NOTIFY to
      > the control so ensure that the change is really made. I haven't used
      > SendMesssage so if someone could pleas let me have the correct syntax.
      >
      > Do I have another options?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > David Ibberson.

    • brentje
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2007
        The option I took was to move the mouse there and click were needed,
        so the action is just a normal mouse action. If you do want to use a
        WM_NOTIFY message, this is a good place to start:

        http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/ch02s04.html

        http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/common/messages/wm_notify.asp