Re: wait states while window is busy painting

  • brentje
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2007
      There is a WaitForReady function available in GuiTest. I've added a 1
      second buffer just in case whenever I wait for a window to load.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2007
        I have to warn you, that WaitForReady not always work. It does not
        work when you use Terminal Server.
        The way I am trying to to solve this problem is to wait for particular
        control(s) to appear. In most cases there is a control, which is
        created on the end, so if you find it (by using WaitWindow), you can
        assume that a whole window is almost ready.
        I am also under impression, that if you Send a message to such a
        window, SendMessage will not return until the window is ready. But I
        am not sure.

        --Piotr

      • jmvt@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 21, 2007
          Actually, the SendMessage might be a good approach. WaitWindow seems to work pretty good for me. My application has a huge grid object that has to fill in and I need to make sure thats done before I can proceed.

          Thanks.