UnCheckButton, CheckButton, SelComboItemText, WMSetText

  • davidjohnibberson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2007
      Hello,

      I am using the above functions to set values of the relevant controls.

      UnCheckButton will uncheck the checbox on screen
      CheckButton - will check the checkbox on screen
      SelComboItemText - will select the correct item from the list
      WMSetText - will set the value of the text edit.

      However, the values are not really set - when I save the record all
      default values are used.

      I've seen some posts on this forum about using sendmessage NOTIFY to
      the control so ensure that the change is really made. I haven't used
      SendMesssage so if someone could pleas let me have the correct syntax.

      Do I have another options?

      Thanks in advance,
      David Ibberson.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2007
        Try using a mixture of SendKeys and SendMouse* methods.
        Using control specific functions like SelComboItemText is risky. There
        are several events, which can be observed by an application. Those
        events maybe related to key strokes and mose events. If you use
        control specific function, those events will not be generated.

        --Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "davidjohnibberson"
        <david.ibberson@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I am using the above functions to set values of the relevant controls.
        >
        > UnCheckButton will uncheck the checbox on screen
        > CheckButton - will check the checkbox on screen
        > SelComboItemText - will select the correct item from the list
        > WMSetText - will set the value of the text edit.
        >
        > However, the values are not really set - when I save the record all
        > default values are used.
        >
        > I've seen some posts on this forum about using sendmessage NOTIFY to
        > the control so ensure that the change is really made. I haven't used
        > SendMesssage so if someone could pleas let me have the correct syntax.
        >
        > Do I have another options?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > David Ibberson.

      • brentje
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2007
          The option I took was to move the mouse there and click were needed,
          so the action is just a normal mouse action. If you do want to use a
          WM_NOTIFY message, this is a good place to start:

          http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/ch02s04.html

          http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/common/messages/wm_notify.asp