wait states while window is busy painting

  • dukestefjen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2007
      What is the best way to get my guitest script to wait until a window
      has updated its content. On a slower machine, the application process
      is idle before the windowing system has completed painting the window.
    • brentje
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2007
        There is a WaitForReady function available in GuiTest. I've added a 1
        second buffer just in case whenever I wait for a window to load.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2007
          I have to warn you, that WaitForReady not always work. It does not
          work when you use Terminal Server.
          The way I am trying to to solve this problem is to wait for particular
          control(s) to appear. In most cases there is a control, which is
          created on the end, so if you find it (by using WaitWindow), you can
          assume that a whole window is almost ready.
          I am also under impression, that if you Send a message to such a
          window, SendMessage will not return until the window is ready. But I
          am not sure.

          --Piotr

        • jmvt@verizon.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 21, 2007
            Actually, the SendMessage might be a good approach. WaitWindow seems to work pretty good for me. My application has a huge grid object that has to fill in and I need to make sure thats done before I can proceed.

            Thanks.