Accessing contents of a control

  • WH
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2007
      I am trying to access the text contained in a series of controls
      embedded in a window. I can get the handles from WinSpy, but when I
      pass these handles to either GetWindowText or WMGetText I get
      the "Caption" (per WinSpy), not the text that is actually inside the
      control.

      I'm not sure what kinds of controls these are - WinSpy tells me some
      have the class name ATL:0049B9A8 and some have the class name
      ATL:0049B560. They're kind of like text boxes.

      Does anyone have any advice?

      Thanks. Warren