Re: [perlguitest] can winguitest work in locked system ??

  • Tobin Cataldo
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2006
      I had to create a local account, and then using Win32::TieRegistry pm to
      edit registry values to allow autologin into the account. You need to
      look at what values are currently set for key --
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows
      NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon/ -- as will need to reset these after your
      Win32::Gui is finished.
      ##################

      use Win32::TieRegistry (
      TiedHash=>\%reg,
      Delimiter=>'/',
      );
      use warnings;

      my $logKey ="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows
      NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon/";

      $productKey = $reg{"$logKey"};

      # # setting some other values:
      $$productKey{'DefaultUserName'} = "LOCAL_USER";
      $$productKey{'DefaultPassword'} = "LOCAL_USER_PASSW";
      $$productKey{'DefaultDomainName'} = "LOCAL_DOMAIN_NAME";
      $$productKey{'AutoAdminLogon'} = "1";

      #####################
      Then rebooted with a simple .bat script

      shutdown -r -t 10

      #####################

      Then run the Win32::Gui stuff. Then reedit the registry to get back to
      your defaults. Then reboot again.

      Of course, the computer will be up and accessible during the Win32::Gui
      phase.

      Tobin

      Samirkumar Patel wrote:

      > Hi Tobin,
      >
      > I was having the same problem in my old company while doing automation of
      > Blackberry synchronization with desktop manager in automation mode and
      > was not
      > able to solve the problem.
      >
      > Can you please describe your solution better way, with a bit more
      > information?
      > It would breat if you can add my following email address in the reply.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Samir.
      > samir.j.patel@... <mailto:samir.j.patel%40morganstanley.com>
      >
      > Quoting Tobin Cataldo <tcataldo@...
      > <mailto:tcataldo%40bham.lib.al.us>>:
      >
      > > No. Windows does not allow a window to be in 'Front' on a locked system.
      > > You also cannot move from locked to unlocked, but you can use a script
      > > to edit the registry to allow autologin and then reboot into an unlocked
      > > state, run your script, then reedit registry and reboot to locked state.
      > > But the computer will and must be unlocked during the duration of the
      > > SendKeys scripts.
      > >
      > > Tobin Cataldo
      > >
      > > tikesh.rane@... <mailto:tikesh.rane%40wipro.com> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> hello friends,
      > >> my perl script doesn't work when the system is locked.. i tried to
      > >> search on the group if anybody else also had the same problem. i found
      > >> that may other people had the same problem and they posted mails to
      > find
      > >> some solution. but i couldn't see any mail in which any solution to
      > this
      > >> problem is suggested... i want to use script to interact with the
      > system
      > >> when i am not there and i can't leave my system unlocked :( ... have
      > >> anybody got any solution to this problem ?? please let me know if u
      > have
      > >> any solution....
      > >> --Tikesh .

      > >> --
      > >> This message has been scanned for viruses and
      > >> dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/
      > <http://www.mailscanner.info/>>, and is
      > >> believed to be clean.
      > >

      > --
      > believed to be clean.
    • Nahum Cohen
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 23, 2006

        VMware Workstation is a powerful application that simulate hardware and
        allow you to run several OS on a single "real-machine".

        Check it out at: http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/
        and: http://www.vmware.com/pdf/ws55_manual.pdf

        Using this kind of solution you will be able to separate the test
        environment from the production environment.

        Enjoy,
        Nahum