Re: can winguitest work in locked system ??

  • Tikesh Rane
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2006
      Nahum,
      your idea is nice, can u please tell me something about installing
      VMware ,, where to get it etc...
      thanks in advance ...
      - Tikesh

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Nahum Cohen" <nahum.cohen@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > A possible workaround can be to install VMware or VirtualPC on the real
      > machine. This will allow you to run a virtual machine which will run
      your
      > script while the real machine is locked.
      >
      > Nahum
      >

      > On 12/19/06, Martin McGrath <funny_face_marto@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Tikesh,
      > >
      > > I was making the same mistake, using Win32::GuiTest to interact with
      > > apps using the SendKeys method. Under a "locked" system, this will
      not work.
      > > I was advised this is due to security reasons. I doubt that there
      is a work
      > > around for this problem.
      > >
      > > Martin

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Tobin Cataldo
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 21, 2006
        I had to create a local account, and then using Win32::TieRegistry pm to
        edit registry values to allow autologin into the account. You need to
        look at what values are currently set for key --
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows
        NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon/ -- as will need to reset these after your
        Win32::Gui is finished.
        ##################

        use Win32::TieRegistry (
        TiedHash=>\%reg,
        Delimiter=>'/',
        );
        use warnings;

        my $logKey ="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows
        NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon/";

        $productKey = $reg{"$logKey"};

        # # setting some other values:
        $$productKey{'DefaultUserName'} = "LOCAL_USER";
        $$productKey{'DefaultPassword'} = "LOCAL_USER_PASSW";
        $$productKey{'DefaultDomainName'} = "LOCAL_DOMAIN_NAME";
        $$productKey{'AutoAdminLogon'} = "1";

        #####################
        Then rebooted with a simple .bat script

        shutdown -r -t 10

        #####################

        Then run the Win32::Gui stuff. Then reedit the registry to get back to
        your defaults. Then reboot again.

        Of course, the computer will be up and accessible during the Win32::Gui
        phase.

        Tobin

        Samirkumar Patel wrote:

        > Hi Tobin,
        >
        > I was having the same problem in my old company while doing automation of
        > Blackberry synchronization with desktop manager in automation mode and
        > was not
        > able to solve the problem.
        >
        > Can you please describe your solution better way, with a bit more
        > information?
        > It would breat if you can add my following email address in the reply.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Samir.
        > samir.j.patel@... <mailto:samir.j.patel%40morganstanley.com>
        >
        > Quoting Tobin Cataldo <tcataldo@...
        > <mailto:tcataldo%40bham.lib.al.us>>:
        >
        > > No. Windows does not allow a window to be in 'Front' on a locked system.
        > > You also cannot move from locked to unlocked, but you can use a script
        > > to edit the registry to allow autologin and then reboot into an unlocked
        > > state, run your script, then reedit registry and reboot to locked state.
        > > But the computer will and must be unlocked during the duration of the
        > > SendKeys scripts.
        > >
        > > Tobin Cataldo
        > >
        > > tikesh.rane@... <mailto:tikesh.rane%40wipro.com> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> hello friends,
        > >> my perl script doesn't work when the system is locked.. i tried to
        > >> search on the group if anybody else also had the same problem. i found
        > >> that may other people had the same problem and they posted mails to
        > find
        > >> some solution. but i couldn't see any mail in which any solution to
        > this
        > >> problem is suggested... i want to use script to interact with the
        > system
        > >> when i am not there and i can't leave my system unlocked :( ... have
        > >> anybody got any solution to this problem ?? please let me know if u
        > have
        > >> any solution....
        > >> --Tikesh .

        > >> --
        > >> This message has been scanned for viruses and
        > >> dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/
        > <http://www.mailscanner.info/>>, and is
        > >> believed to be clean.
        > >

        > --
        > believed to be clean.
      • Nahum Cohen
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 23, 2006
          Hi,

          VMware Workstation is a powerful application that simulate hardware and
          allow you to run several OS on a single "real-machine".

          Check it out at: http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/
          and: http://www.vmware.com/pdf/ws55_manual.pdf

          Using this kind of solution you will be able to separate the test
          environment from the production environment.

          Enjoy,
          Nahum