IsWindowEnabled

  • byronkat <byronkat@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2003
      I'm trying to check to see if a button is enabled or disabled. I've
      seen that the IsWindowEnabled method can be used. Does anyone know
      how to use this method? Thanks!
    • Dennis K. Paulsen <ctrondlpaulsden@yahoo
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2003
        The following example checks the enabled state of Calculator's
        Backspace button, try something similar for your purposes:

        # Tested under Win32::GuiTest (v 1.49.2)
        use Win32::GuiTest qw/
        FindWindowLike
        WaitWindowLike
        IsWindowEnabled
        /;

        # Start and then wait for calculator window to appear
        system("start calc.exe");
        WaitWindowLike(0, "Calculator", "");

        # Find Calculator window
        my ($CalcWin) = FindWindowLike(0, "Calculator", "");

        # Find Backspace button(window) belonging to Calculator window
        ($CalcWin)
        my ($BackSpace) = FindWindowLike($CalcWin, "Backspace", "");

        # See if Backspace button is enabled; which it should be
        if (IsWindowEnabled($BackSpace)) {
        print "BackSpace is enabled.\n";
        } else {
        # Backspace should be enabled. If not, die here.
        die "BackSpace is not enabled!";

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "byronkat <byronkat@y...>"
        <byronkat@y...> wrote:
        > I'm trying to check to see if a button is enabled or disabled.
        I've
        > seen that the IsWindowEnabled method can be used. Does anyone
        know
        > how to use this method? Thanks!
      • byronkat
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2003
          Thanks, this is a big help!

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen
          <ctrondlpaulsden@y...>" <ctrondlpaulsden@y...> wrote:
          > The following example checks the enabled state of Calculator's
          > Backspace button, try something similar for your purposes:
          >
          > # Tested under Win32::GuiTest (v 1.49.2)
          > use Win32::GuiTest qw/
          > FindWindowLike
          > WaitWindowLike
          > IsWindowEnabled
          > /;
          >
          > # Start and then wait for calculator window to appear
          > system("start calc.exe");
          > WaitWindowLike(0, "Calculator", "");
          >
          > # Find Calculator window
          > my ($CalcWin) = FindWindowLike(0, "Calculator", "");
          >
          > # Find Backspace button(window) belonging to Calculator window
          > ($CalcWin)
          > my ($BackSpace) = FindWindowLike($CalcWin, "Backspace", "");
          >
          > # See if Backspace button is enabled; which it should be
          > if (IsWindowEnabled($BackSpace)) {
          > print "BackSpace is enabled.\n";
          > } else {
          > # Backspace should be enabled. If not, die here.
          > die "BackSpace is not enabled!";

          > Dennis K. Paulsen
          >
          > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "byronkat <byronkat@y...>"
          > <byronkat@y...> wrote:
          > > I'm trying to check to see if a button is enabled or disabled.
          > I've
          > > seen that the IsWindowEnabled method can be used. Does anyone
          > know
          > > how to use this method? Thanks!
        • fareh_rafik
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 10, 2005
            I have a prblem with the use of IsWindowEnabled,
            It do'nt return false when a button is disabled.
            Can you help me?
          • amine beghdous
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 10, 2005
              Hi All,

              I'm new to perl and Guitest and I'm trying to execute the following perl script:

              #!/usr/bin/perl
              ## Initially generated by Win32-GuiTest Recorder (v1.03)

              ## Pragmas/Directives
              use strict;
              use warnings;

              ## Imports
              use Win32::GuiTest qw/:ALL/;

              $Win32::GuiTest::debug = 0; # Set to "1" to enable debug output.

              ## Main/Core

              # system "start notepad";
              sleep 1;
              while(1) {
              SendRawKey(VK_DOWN, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY);
              SendKeys "{PAUSE 200}";
              }

              but i got the error message below:

              Bareword "VK_DOWN" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at tmp10.pl line 19.
              Bareword "KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at tmp10
              .pl line 19.
              Execution of tmp10.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

              Could anyone please help me.

              thanks a lot.

            • A Chan
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 10, 2005
                Hi Amine,

                I can run your code snippet without any errors. You might want to check if you actually have the Win32::GuiTest package installed properly.

                Cheers,

                Al Chan

                amine beghdous <aminedz29@...> wrote:

[...]

                Basic programming language C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages

              • amine beghdous
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 11, 2005
                  Thank you for your fast reply, Al
                  Now it's working.

[...]