can we remove special meaning of ~ etc.

  • tikesh.rane@wipro.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2006
      hello everyone,
      i have newly joined this group. i am facing some problems in using
      winguitest.
      i want to know whether we can disble the special meaning of characters
      like ~, % etc.... one way is given in the document to put {} around the
      character, but it can not help me. i am writing program as follows
      open (test, "some_file");
      while (<test>) {
      Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys($_);

      now the problem is, "some_file" may contain characters like ~ , % etc...
      that i want to send as literal characters without special meaning .....
      if somebody have some solution to my problem please let me know ......

      i have another problem -- i couldn't read the text of a word file using
      the example of "notepad_test.pl". in this example following line is
      being used
      my @edits = FindWindowLike($notepad, "", "Edit");
      what should i use in place of "Edit" to get the text from a word file
      and how would i know the class i should use to get text from the
      perticular application ?? please help me ....

      -- Tikesh