Setting sleep time

  • tpham1002002
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2006
      Hi All,

      I am writing a gui automation test for a fpga flow. For instance if
      I click on icon A then run tool A, then click on icon B then run
      tool B

      MouseMoveAbsPix($left+50,490); <------ click on icon A
      sleep(3);
      SendMouse("{RightClick}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{ENTER}"); <-------------- execute A
      sleep(30);
      MouseMoveAbsPix($rightF+60,$topF-20);<------ click on icon B
      SendMouse("{LeftClick}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{RIGHT}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{DOWN}");
      SendKeys("{ENTER}");
      SendKeys("test.scr");
      PushButton("OK");
      sleep 5;
      SendKeys("{LEFT}");
      SendKeys("{ENTER}"); <-------------- execute A

      The problem is the timing. Sometimes some designs need longer
      runtime in tool A even I do set sleep(30) and it still go to execute
      tool B. Because tool B needs output from tool A so it hangs there.
      I have problem with this and would like to have your help.

      Thanks
    • Susruth Sudhakaran
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2006
        Is there an indication when tool A is done executing? like a wndow pops or something. If there is then u might haev to do FindWindowLike in a loop tiil d window appears ofcourse making sure it doesnt do a death loop.
        Another option would be for u to start the Tool A in a synchronous process and wait for the process to return b4 proceeding to start tool B

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
          Hey !
          There is a functionality called waitwindowlike();No need to put in a loop , So some times it happens that in a loop u dont get the handle.