Re: Using ie as a transporter via http

  • y_s_geo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2006
      Hi,

      Thanks for answering !
      I have the admin rights to those workstations. Yet I am not
      allowed to change drastically the installed programs on them -
      for example install perl ; (
      But - I am able to copy executable files and run them (I can
      create them with perl2exe as soon as they do not brake the
      security policy of our company.
      The limitations are due to the strict firewall rules - e.g. even
      the http pipe is open it could be used only by iexplore.exe
      firefox.exe and some others I do not really know and I am not
      supposed to know, because of my position in the company ; )
      That is why I chosed this solution, otherwise it seeems to me
      that curl or LWP could have been the best choice for file
      uploading via http.
      Actually I got the file upload cgi script on the server side so
      basically from those workstations I am able to updload manually
      those files (even > 1 MB ) on the server.
      I am missing the client gui implementation ( perl qui script
      made into executable ) and some security stuff.
      So all more clever than me (Your total number is devastatingly
      greate ; ), please advise