Re: [perlguitest] Tree control

  • Tim Kimber
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 29, 2003
      I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combination
      of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
      I can send you the code if you're interested.

      regards,

      Tim Kimber

      Chris Hilton
      <chilton@newsstan To: "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>
      d.com> cc:
      Subject: [perlguitest] Tree control
      01/28/03 11:19 PM
      Please respond to
      perlguitest

      Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree control?
      believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.

      Any help appreciated.

      Chris Hilton

    • phisiker2000
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2003
        Hello

        I would be interestedin the code

        regards,

        Joern Knie-von Allmen

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kimber" <KIMBERT@u...> wrote:
        > I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combination
        > of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
        > I can send you the code if you're interested.
        >
        > regards,
        >
        > Tim Kimber
        >

        > Chris Hilton
        > <chilton@newsstan To:
        "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>
        > d.com> cc:
        > Subject: [perlguitest] Tree control
        > 01/28/03 11:19 PM
        > Please respond to
        > perlguitest
        >

        > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree control?
        > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
        >
        > Any help appreciated.
        >
        > Chris Hilton

      • Tim Kimber
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
          Phil,

          It goes something like this:

          sub selectNode() {
          my ($treeview, $path) = @_;

          #Find the node using Win32::ActAcc
          my $node = FindTreeViewNode($tree_view, $path);

          #Use Win32::GUI to scroll it into view and expand it.
          my $hwnd = getHwnd($treeview);
          my $htreeitem = getID($node);
          if ($hwnd && $htreeitem) {
          Win32::GUI::TreeView::EnsureVisible($hwnd, $htreeitem);
          Win32::GUI::TreeView::Expand($hwnd, $htreeitem);
          }

          #Use Win32::ActAcc to select the node
          $node->accSelect(SELFLAG_TAKEFOCUS());
          $node->click();
          }

          sub FindTreeViewNode {
          my ($tree_view, $path) = @_;

          my @path = split(/\\/,$path);
          my $node;
          foreach my $node_name (@path) {
          Trace("Finding node $node_name");
          $node = $tree_view->drill(
          {
          'role' => ROLE_SYSTEM_OUTLINEITEM(),
          'name' => qr(^$node_name),
          'state'=> {'mask' => STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE(), 'value' =>
          0 }
          }
          ,
          { 'max' => 1} );

          if (!$node) {
          Trace("Could not find node 'node_name' while finding
          '$path'");
          return;
          }
          Trace("node details : ".$node->describe());

          my $hwnd = getHwnd($tree_view);
          my $htreeitem = getID($node);

          if ($hwnd && $htreeitem) {
          Win32::GUI::TreeView::EnsureVisible($hwnd, $htreeitem);
          Win32::GUI::TreeView::Expand($hwnd, $htreeitem);
          }
          else {
          $node->accSelect(SELFLAG_TAKEFOCUS());
          TypeKeys('{RIGHT}');
          Trace("Found node '$path'");
          return $node;
          }

          regards,

          Tim Kimber, MRM Development Team
          Internet: kimbert@...
          Tel. 01962-816742
          Internal tel. 246742

          | | "phisiker2000" |
          | | <joern.knie@gmx.c|
          | | h> |
          | | |
          | | 06/08/2003 22:06 |
          | | Please respond to|
          | | perlguitest |
          | | |
          | |
          | To: perlguitest@yahoogroups.com |
          | cc: |
          | Subject: [perlguitest] Re: Tree control |
          | |
          | |

          Hello

          I would be interestedin the code

          regards,

          Joern Knie-von Allmen

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kimber" <KIMBERT@u...> wrote:
          > I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combination

          > of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
          > I can send you the code if you're interested.
          >
          > regards,
          >
          > Tim Kimber
          >

          > Chris Hilton

          > <chilton@newsstan To:
          "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>

          > d.com> cc:

          > Subject: [perlguitest]
          Tree control
          > 01/28/03 11:19 PM

          > Please respond to

          > perlguitest

          > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree
          control?
          > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
          >
          > Any help appreciated.
          >
          > Chris Hilton

        • netsmartz_satish
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
            Let me introduce myselft to all of u ?

            I am a new joinee to this group.
            I joined this group bcaz i want to know about the use of perl in testing applications on windows system.
            I have worked on C,C++, Java & VB. I am also familiar with the testing tools like winrunner. I have done scripting in it too.

            But I have not done any work in perl
            Can u pls tell me how it works with testing.
            especially for windows application. If u have any example code. pls send it to me.

            regards

          • phisiker2000
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
              Hello

              thank you for this piece of code. Before I read this, I extended the
              Win32::GuiTest-Module by the functions to control TreeView-Controls. They a=
              re a
              little bit more comfortable (I think). Now I'm working at the ListView-Cont=
              rol. The
              problem: where to put, so that the work is published? It seems that there i=
              s a
              cvs-repository in use (head of the files), but I didn't find any informatio=
              n about it.

              regards
              Jörn Knie-von Allmen
              Architecture- an Integrationteam
              Basler Kantonalbank

              ----------------------------------------------------|

              ----------------------------------------------------|

              > Hello
              >
              > I would be interestedin the code
              >
              > regards,
              >
              > Joern Knie-von Allmen
              >
              > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kimber" <KIMBERT@u...> wrote:
              > > I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combinati=
              on

              > > of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
              > > I can send you the code if you're interested.
              > >
              > > regards,
              > >
              > > Tim Kimber
              > >

              > > Chris Hilton
              >
              > > <chilton@newsstan To:
              > "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>
              >
              > > d.com> cc:
              >
              > > Subject: [perlguitest] =

              > Tree control
              > > 01/28/03 11:19 PM
              >
              > > Please respond to
              >
              > > perlguitest
              >

              > > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree
              > control?
              > > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
              > >
              > > Any help appreciated.
              > >
              > > Chris Hilton

              s/

            • phisiker2000
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
                Hello

                I think, you should first learn to work with Perl before to continue programming
                with Windowsfeatures. If you do so, you will always look at that, what you did
                before you began with Perl.
                There are some examples for this module on http://triumvir.org Some additional
                examples, you can find in the new modulereleases, which you can find in this
                yahoo-group. (subdirectory eg after unpacking the sources).

                regards
                J. Knie-v.A.

                --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "netsmartz_satish" <netsmartz_satish@h...>
                wrote:
                > Let me introduce myselft to all of u ?
                >
                > I am a new joinee to this group.
                > I joined this group bcaz i want to know about the use of perl in testing
                applications on windows system.
                > I have worked on C,C++, Java & VB. I am also familiar with the testing tools like
                winrunner. I have done scripting in it too.

                > But I have not done any work in perl
                > Can u pls tell me how it works with testing.
                > especially for windows application. If u have any example code. pls send it to
                me.

                > regards

              • Tim Kimber
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 2003
                  I would submit the change to Ernesto, who wrote the GUITest module.

                  regards,

                  Tim Kimber

                  | | "phisiker2000" |
                  | | <joern.knie@gmx.c|
                  | | h> |
                  | | |
                  | | 07/08/2003 20:39 |
                  | | Please respond to|
                  | | perlguitest |
                  | | |
                  | |
                  | To: perlguitest@yahoogroups.com |
                  | cc: |
                  | |
                  | |

                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------=

                  ----------------------------------------------------|

                  =

                  =

                  =

                  > Tree control
                  > > 01/28/03 11:19 PM
                  >
                  > > Please respond to
                  >
                  > > perlguitest
                  >

                  > > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree
                  > control?
                  > > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
                  > >
                  > > Any help appreciated.
                  > >
                  > > Chris Hilton

                  =

                  s/