Re: [perlguitest] How to find windows ?

  • vidhut singh
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2006

      I didn't get your question exactly but what have been observed :

      #32770 is a windows class name and it is used to find the windows handle by using FindWindowLike();
      and if u want to get the class name of any window then there are tools available like Winspy , Autoit etc all are free ... using this tools you can easily get the desire window class name ,control Id etc .

      Regards,
      Vidhut

      tpham1002002 <tpham1002002@...> wrote:
      Hi All,

      I have seen an example in perlguitest about opening notepad and
      enter
      some words in there.
      Would anyone please explain to me what is the number #32770, 0x470,
      and ComboBox and how to get these name/value ?
      Suppose I am doing something on the ComBobox and what I should do to

      # Open the Font dialog
      SendKeys(OpenFont);

      # Find the Font dialog using the title and window class
      # The Font dialog isn't a child of the notepad window
      my ($fontdlg) = FindWindowLike(0, FontTxt(), "#32770"); die "Where
      is
      the Font dialog?\n" unless $fontdlg;
      # Find the right combo using it's control id
      my ($combo) = FindWindowLike($fontdlg, "", "ComboBox", 0x470);
      die "Where is the combo with the font names?" unless $combo;
      SendKeys("Arial");

      Thanks a lot.