description

  • Yee Lee Poh
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2001
      Hi there,

      May I know where can I find the description of a command within the
      Win32::GuiTest? Eg, FindWindowLike(0," ", " "). What does 0 represent?
      In between " ", what will it accept?

      That's all, thank u.

      Regards,
      Yee
    • aslpyee
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2001
        Hi there,

        I am a new user. May I know where can I find the description of a
        command within the Win32::GuiTest? Eg, FindWindowLike(0," ", " ").
        What does 0 represent? Between " ", what will it accept?

        That's all, thank u.

        Regards,
        Yee
      • erngui
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2001

          --- In perlguitest@y..., "aslpyee" <aslpyee@n...> wrote:
          [...]
          > I am a new user. May I know where can I find the description of a
          > command within the Win32::GuiTest? Eg, FindWindowLike
          (0," ", " ").
          > What does 0 represent? Between " ", what will it accept?

          The documentation is not as comprehensive as I'd like. Some functions
          are documented in the readme file that comes with the distribution:

          http://search.cpan.org/doc/ERNGUI/Win32-GuiTest-1.3/README.html

          About FindWindowLike it says:

          FindWindowLike WINDOW, TITLEPATTERN, CLASSPATTERN, CHILDID

          Finds the window handles of the windows matching the specified
          parameters and returns them as a list.
          You may specify the handle of the window to search under. The routine
          searches through all of this windows children and their children
          recursively. If 'undef' then the routine searches through all
          windows. There is also a regexp used to match against the text in the
          window caption and another regexp used to match against the text in
          the window class. If you pass a child ID number, the functions will
          only match windows with this id. In each case undef matches
          everything.

          Regards,
          Ernesto.
          --