Using ie as a transporter via http

  • y_s_geo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2006
      Hi all,
      Here a short conceptual view . All comments and suggestions are
      wellcome!
      Requirements
      An external programm calls and perl2exe made executable (we do not
      have perl on the workstations ), which should
      transfer one snapshot *.jpg file (200-400 KB) to a server via http
      and some maximum 100KB of a simple text file.
      The http server is perl enabled IIS, configured with restricted
      access ( as restricted as IIS could do it ; )
      Curl and wget are out of question, because of very strict firewall
      rules....
      "Nice to have "
      Speed. Invisibility.

      Solution:
      Start IE in invisible mode with Win32::Process
      {
      Win32::Process::Create( $ie_starter_o, "$ie_path", "ie $param" , 0,
      CREATE_NO_WINDOW ,"."); }
      , where $param should be the URI post path formed so that there
      should not be any pressing of buttons of the upload post form on the
      server side.

      How about the username and pass , if a want to start the process so
      that it will not be visible does the recognition work?!

      Or should I change the strategy and start to implement some reverse
      proxy stuff (seems to be a litte bit too difficult at the moment )

      Ok you do not have to give the ready answers - I appriciate also
      hints to search / study for ?

      http://ysgitdiary.blogspot.com/
    • negedi
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2006
        it is not clear what are limitation on your machine(s).. you do not
        have perl, no use of wget... curl etc... what else ... it will be hard
        to do anything if you do not have rights on this machine.
        you can upload only exe on the machine or what?

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2006

          Thanks for answering !
          I have the admin rights to those workstations. Yet I am not
          allowed to change drastically the installed programs on them -
          for example install perl ; (
          But - I am able to copy executable files and run them (I can
          create them with perl2exe as soon as they do not brake the
          security policy of our company.
          The limitations are due to the strict firewall rules - e.g. even
          the http pipe is open it could be used only by iexplore.exe
          firefox.exe and some others I do not really know and I am not
          supposed to know, because of my position in the company ; )
          That is why I chosed this solution, otherwise it seeems to me
          that curl or LWP could have been the best choice for file
          uploading via http.
          Actually I got the file upload cgi script on the server side so
          basically from those workstations I am able to updload manually
          those files (even > 1 MB ) on the server.
          I am missing the client gui implementation ( perl qui script
          made into executable ) and some security stuff.
          So all more clever than me (Your total number is devastatingly
          greate ; ), please advise