Tree control

  • Chris Hilton
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2003
      Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree control? I
      believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.

      Any help appreciated.

      Chris Hilton
    • Tim Kimber
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2003
        I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combination
        of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
        I can send you the code if you're interested.

        regards,

        Tim Kimber

        Chris Hilton
        <chilton@newsstan To: "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>
        d.com> cc:
        Subject: [perlguitest] Tree control
        01/28/03 11:19 PM
        Please respond to
        perlguitest

        Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree control?
        believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.

        Any help appreciated.

        Chris Hilton

      • phisiker2000
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2003
          Hello

          I would be interestedin the code

          regards,

          Joern Knie-von Allmen

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kimber" <KIMBERT@u...> wrote:
          > I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combination
          > of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
          > I can send you the code if you're interested.
          >
          > regards,
          >
          > Tim Kimber
          >

          > Chris Hilton
          > <chilton@newsstan To:
          "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>
          > d.com> cc:
          > Subject: [perlguitest] Tree control
          > 01/28/03 11:19 PM
          > Please respond to
          > perlguitest
          >

          > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree control?
          > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
          >
          > Any help appreciated.
          >
          > Chris Hilton

        • Tim Kimber
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
            Phil,

            It goes something like this:

            sub selectNode() {
            my ($treeview, $path) = @_;

            #Find the node using Win32::ActAcc
            my $node = FindTreeViewNode($tree_view, $path);

            #Use Win32::GUI to scroll it into view and expand it.
            my $hwnd = getHwnd($treeview);
            my $htreeitem = getID($node);
            if ($hwnd && $htreeitem) {
            Win32::GUI::TreeView::EnsureVisible($hwnd, $htreeitem);
            Win32::GUI::TreeView::Expand($hwnd, $htreeitem);
            }

            #Use Win32::ActAcc to select the node
            $node->accSelect(SELFLAG_TAKEFOCUS());
            $node->click();
            }

            sub FindTreeViewNode {
            my ($tree_view, $path) = @_;

            my @path = split(/\\/,$path);
            my $node;
            foreach my $node_name (@path) {
            Trace("Finding node $node_name");
            $node = $tree_view->drill(
            {
            'role' => ROLE_SYSTEM_OUTLINEITEM(),
            'name' => qr(^$node_name),
            'state'=> {'mask' => STATE_SYSTEM_INVISIBLE(), 'value' =>
            0 }
            }
            ,
            { 'max' => 1} );

            if (!$node) {
            Trace("Could not find node 'node_name' while finding
            '$path'");
            return;
            }
            Trace("node details : ".$node->describe());

            my $hwnd = getHwnd($tree_view);
            my $htreeitem = getID($node);

            if ($hwnd && $htreeitem) {
            Win32::GUI::TreeView::EnsureVisible($hwnd, $htreeitem);
            Win32::GUI::TreeView::Expand($hwnd, $htreeitem);
            }
            else {
            $node->accSelect(SELFLAG_TAKEFOCUS());
            TypeKeys('{RIGHT}');
            Trace("Found node '$path'");
            return $node;
            }

            regards,

            Tim Kimber, MRM Development Team
            Internet: kimbert@...
            Tel. 01962-816742
            Internal tel. 246742

            | | "phisiker2000" |
            | | <joern.knie@gmx.c|
            | | h> |
            | | |
            | | 06/08/2003 22:06 |
            | | Please respond to|
            | | perlguitest |
            | | |
            | |
            | To: perlguitest@yahoogroups.com |
            | cc: |
            | Subject: [perlguitest] Re: Tree control |
            | |
            | |

            Hello

            I would be interestedin the code

            regards,

            Joern Knie-von Allmen

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kimber" <KIMBERT@u...> wrote:
            > I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combination

            > of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
            > I can send you the code if you're interested.
            >
            > regards,
            >
            > Tim Kimber
            >

            > Chris Hilton

            > <chilton@newsstan To:
            "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>

            > d.com> cc:

            > Subject: [perlguitest]
            Tree control
            > 01/28/03 11:19 PM

            > Please respond to

            > perlguitest

            > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree
            control?
            > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
            >
            > Any help appreciated.
            >
            > Chris Hilton

          • netsmartz_satish
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
              Let me introduce myselft to all of u ?

              I am a new joinee to this group.
              I joined this group bcaz i want to know about the use of perl in testing applications on windows system.
              I have worked on C,C++, Java & VB. I am also familiar with the testing tools like winrunner. I have done scripting in it too.

              But I have not done any work in perl
              Can u pls tell me how it works with testing.
              especially for windows application. If u have any example code. pls send it to me.

              regards

            • phisiker2000
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
                Hello

                thank you for this piece of code. Before I read this, I extended the
                Win32::GuiTest-Module by the functions to control TreeView-Controls. They a=
                re a
                little bit more comfortable (I think). Now I'm working at the ListView-Cont=
                rol. The
                problem: where to put, so that the work is published? It seems that there i=
                s a
                cvs-repository in use (head of the files), but I didn't find any informatio=
                n about it.

                regards
                Jörn Knie-von Allmen
                Architecture- an Integrationteam
                Basler Kantonalbank

                ----------------------------------------------------|

                ----------------------------------------------------|

                > Hello
                >
                > I would be interestedin the code
                >
                > regards,
                >
                > Joern Knie-von Allmen
                >
                > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kimber" <KIMBERT@u...> wrote:
                > > I have successfully accessed nodes within a tree view using a combinati=
                on

                > > of Win32-ActAcc and Win32-GUI.
                > > I can send you the code if you're interested.
                > >
                > > regards,
                > >
                > > Tim Kimber
                > >

                > > Chris Hilton
                >
                > > <chilton@newsstan To:
                > "'perlguitest@yahoogroups.com'" <perlguitest@yahoogroups.com>
                >
                > > d.com> cc:
                >
                > > Subject: [perlguitest] =

                > Tree control
                > > 01/28/03 11:19 PM
                >
                > > Please respond to
                >
                > > perlguitest
                >

                > > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree
                > control?
                > > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
                > >
                > > Any help appreciated.
                > >
                > > Chris Hilton

                s/

              • phisiker2000
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
                  Hello

                  I think, you should first learn to work with Perl before to continue programming
                  with Windowsfeatures. If you do so, you will always look at that, what you did
                  before you began with Perl.
                  There are some examples for this module on http://triumvir.org Some additional
                  examples, you can find in the new modulereleases, which you can find in this
                  yahoo-group. (subdirectory eg after unpacking the sources).

                  regards
                  J. Knie-v.A.

                  --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "netsmartz_satish" <netsmartz_satish@h...>
                  wrote:
                  > Let me introduce myselft to all of u ?
                  >
                  > I am a new joinee to this group.
                  > I joined this group bcaz i want to know about the use of perl in testing
                  applications on windows system.
                  > I have worked on C,C++, Java & VB. I am also familiar with the testing tools like
                  winrunner. I have done scripting in it too.

                  > But I have not done any work in perl
                  > Can u pls tell me how it works with testing.
                  > especially for windows application. If u have any example code. pls send it to
                  me.

                  > regards

                • Tim Kimber
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8, 2003
                    I would submit the change to Ernesto, who wrote the GUITest module.

                    regards,

                    Tim Kimber

                    | | "phisiker2000" |
                    | | <joern.knie@gmx.c|
                    | | h> |
                    | | |
                    | | 07/08/2003 20:39 |
                    | | Please respond to|
                    | | perlguitest |
                    | | |
                    | |
                    | To: perlguitest@yahoogroups.com |
                    | cc: |
                    | |
                    | |

                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------=

                    ----------------------------------------------------|

                    =

                    =

                    =

                    > Tree control
                    > > 01/28/03 11:19 PM
                    >
                    > > Please respond to
                    >
                    > > perlguitest
                    >

                    > > Does any one have any insight on accessing the contents of a tree
                    > control?
                    > > believe the specific class I'm interested in is SysTreeView32.
                    > >
                    > > Any help appreciated.
                    > >
                    > > Chris Hilton

                    =

                    s/