Re: Cursor Type of window

  • Dennis K. Paulsen <ctrondlpaulsden@yahoo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
      Note: If you wanted to, you could use something like MenuSelect
      ("&Edit|Select &All", [WINDOW HANDLE]) to do the copy. It should be
      more reliable then SendKeys because a window could come in and out of
      the foreground, especially under Win2k/XP. And if you want a better
      way to get the contents of a web page, there is probably a Perl
      module available for it or you could download a Windows version of
      lynx or wget, so you didn't have to open up IE.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stupakov <stupakov@y...>"

    • stupakov <stupakov@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
        That is an interesting subject, and I would be happy if somebody
        gives me a good advice.

        The problem with using external programs as lynx, wget or curl, or
        perl net libraries, is that you have to deal with the web pages that
        are generated dynamically -- analyze them, find the internal forms,
        figure out what to send to the server to get to the next page, and so
        on. However, what kills you is javascript, that is often imbedded in
        the source of web pages, and none of those tools can deal with it.
        I tried that path in the past, an rejected it in favour of gui tools
        (I used AutoIt.exe before switching to perlguitest) in combination
        with IE.

        As for using MenuSelect, this might be a good idea, but I found that
        my SendKeys("^A^C") is pretty robust and works well.

        Thanks.
        Gennady.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen