FindWindowLike Function is not working

  • vidhut singh
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
      Hi All,

      I am struck in my script please help me .

      Module Used : Win32::GUITest

      Problem description :

      I am using FindWindoLike function for getting the widows handle but it is not working i dont know y. I am able to get the class name and the windows handle using the the AutoIt tool.
      if anybody has any info regarding this please help me

      thanks
      vidhut

    • stuart arnold
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2006
        helps to show your code on how you call it!
        give us a sniple of the code (including 'use strict...)

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2006
          Please use the same as below

          $calc_wnd = WaitWindowLike( undef, "^Calculator",
          undef, undef, undef, 20 );

          The link to this page is
          http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/docs/ch09s92.html

          or if possible share the exact code lines so that we
          may help.

          Regards,
          Kapil

          --- stuart arnold <stuart.arnold@...> wrote:

          > helps to show your code on how you call it!
          > give us a sniple of the code (including 'use
          > strict...)

          privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.

          Yahoo! Music Unlimited
          Access over 1 million songs.
          http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
        • vidhut singh
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 8, 2006
            Hi Kapil,
            thanks 4 ur concern,
            I will tell u the exact scenario where i am using the FindWindoLike function
            here is the snnipet of the code :

            my @sendmsgwindow= FindWindowLikeundef,"","YSearchMenuWndClass",undef,1 );
            my @masgtext=FindWindowLike($sendmsgwindow[0],"",TRichEdit,undef,undef );
            WMSetText("$masgtext[0]","Hello");
            where
            ->YSearchMenuWndClass>>class name of the yahoo messenger chat window(when u open the window for chatting wid someone)
            ->TRichEdit >>Class name of the window where u write text to send

            I am not getting the window handle of the TrichEdit
            although i am getting the handle of the window using AutoIt tool.

            If u will try at ur own place u ll be getting the handle called "YIMInputWindow" instead of TRichEdit.
            Let me explain in detail...
            I have a software which work on messenger so wen i use that software then it impose some dark shed on the messenger chat window and changes the class name YIMInputwindow to TRichEdit.Im able to see the class name using the AutoIt or Winspy tool but i am not able to get the handle using FindWindowLike function.

            could u please explain y this is happening .is it possible to get the class name or handle using tool but not by using FindWindowLike Function
            thanks,
            vidhut
            Hi,