How to check status of checkbox (checked, uncheck)

  • matsutsuoo
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2006
      I'm new with Win32 GUI.
      I live by example but unable to find a sample program that I need. = )
      Anyone have a sample code that allows me to check the status of a
      checkbox and be able to check and uncheck it.

      Thanks!
    • swayam panda

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
          Hi ,

          U can use CheckButton function to check the check box bt before that u need to use push the buttton .here is the stippend of the code ...

          my @CheckWindow=FindWindowLike( );
          if(!IsCheckedButton($CheckWindow[0])) {
          PushChildButton( $Phand,$ctrlid);
          CheckButton( $CheckWindow[0]);
          }
          where
          $CheckWindow[0]---it should contain the handle of the check box .
          $Phand---->Parent widow handle
          $ctrlid------->Control id of the button

          Definetely it will work bcoz i have used it .
          cheers :)
          vidhut
          swayam panda <swayam_25@...> wrote:

          CheckButton( $hwnd );

          matsutsuoo <matsutsuoo@...> wrote: I'm new with Win32 GUI.
          I live by example but unable to find a sample program that I need. = )
          Anyone have a sample code that allows me to check the status of a
          checkbox and be able to check and uncheck it.

          Thanks!

        • Santosh Kadli
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
            IsCheckedButton
            Retrieves the state of the button. Returns TRUE if button checked, FALSE otherwise.

            Syntax
            $state = IsCheckedButton( $hwnd );

            Parameters
            $hwnd
            Handle to the button to be queried.

            Return value
            Returns TRUE if button checked, FALSE otherwise.

            Remarks
            It sends BM_GETCHECK message to the button and compares return value of SendMessage with BST_CHECKED