Re: Cursor Type of window

  • stupakov <stupakov@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
      I have a similar problem with my perl scripts that use perlguitest
      to open Internet Explorer and connect to my bank web site.
      To check that I have the web page open, I send ^A^C (select all and
      copy) every second to the browser window, and then check from perl
      what I have in the clipboard. It turns out that I get something
      in the clipboard (the contents of the web page) only after
      the page is downloaded. If the clipboard is empty, I know that
      the browser is still loading the page, and wait.

      Hope this helps.

      Gennady.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "swoolet <spw57nc@h...>"

    • Dennis K. Paulsen <ctrondlpaulsden@yahoo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
        Note: If you wanted to, you could use something like MenuSelect
        ("&Edit|Select &All", [WINDOW HANDLE]) to do the copy. It should be
        more reliable then SendKeys because a window could come in and out of
        the foreground, especially under Win2k/XP. And if you want a better
        way to get the contents of a web page, there is probably a Perl
        module available for it or you could download a Windows version of
        lynx or wget, so you didn't have to open up IE.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stupakov <stupakov@y...>"

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
          That is an interesting subject, and I would be happy if somebody
          gives me a good advice.

          The problem with using external programs as lynx, wget or curl, or
          perl net libraries, is that you have to deal with the web pages that
          are generated dynamically -- analyze them, find the internal forms,
          figure out what to send to the server to get to the next page, and so
          on. However, what kills you is javascript, that is often imbedded in
          the source of web pages, and none of those tools can deal with it.
          I tried that path in the past, an rejected it in favour of gui tools
          (I used AutoIt.exe before switching to perlguitest) in combination
          with IE.

          As for using MenuSelect, this might be a good idea, but I found that
          my SendKeys("^A^C") is pretty robust and works well.

          Thanks.
          Gennady.

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen