Re: Cursor Type of window

  • Dennis K. Paulsen <ctrondlpaulsden@yahoo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003

      If you are not already using WaitWindowLike to wait for the window to
      come up, I would suggest trying that first. If that doesn't work,
      you can check to see if the window is enabled for mouse and keyboard
      input (according to the MSDN documentation) by using IsWindowEnabled;
      which is available in the Win32::GUITest module, however I don't
      recall ever using it.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "swoolet <spw57nc@h...>"

    • stupakov <stupakov@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
        I have a similar problem with my perl scripts that use perlguitest
        to open Internet Explorer and connect to my bank web site.
        To check that I have the web page open, I send ^A^C (select all and
        copy) every second to the browser window, and then check from perl
        what I have in the clipboard. It turns out that I get something
        in the clipboard (the contents of the web page) only after
        the page is downloaded. If the clipboard is empty, I know that
        the browser is still loading the page, and wait.

        Hope this helps.

        Gennady.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
          Note: If you wanted to, you could use something like MenuSelect
          ("&Edit|Select &All", [WINDOW HANDLE]) to do the copy. It should be
          more reliable then SendKeys because a window could come in and out of
          the foreground, especially under Win2k/XP. And if you want a better
          way to get the contents of a web page, there is probably a Perl
          module available for it or you could download a Windows version of
          lynx or wget, so you didn't have to open up IE.

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stupakov <stupakov@y...>"

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
            That is an interesting subject, and I would be happy if somebody
            gives me a good advice.

            The problem with using external programs as lynx, wget or curl, or
            perl net libraries, is that you have to deal with the web pages that
            are generated dynamically -- analyze them, find the internal forms,
            figure out what to send to the server to get to the next page, and so
            on. However, what kills you is javascript, that is often imbedded in
            the source of web pages, and none of those tools can deal with it.
            I tried that path in the past, an rejected it in favour of gui tools
            (I used AutoIt.exe before switching to perlguitest) in combination
            with IE.

            As for using MenuSelect, this might be a good idea, but I found that
            my SendKeys("^A^C") is pretty robust and works well.

            Thanks.
            Gennady.

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen