Re: Is it possible to click on a button based on button's name in the UI?

  • kumar21yash
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2006
      Take a screen shot and paste it in the mspaint.
      Point the Button or anything using mouse and find the co ordinates
      in the progress bar.......

      But we need to find a general solution for this.......

      KEep posting......

      Thanks......
      Yash....

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "kumar21yash" <kumar21yash@...>

      > im trying to click on a button called Go. i could able do this
      with
      > the following code...
      >
      > use Win32::GuiTest qw ( :ALL);
      > use warnings;
      >
      > use strict;
      > system "start http://www.Mynewplace.com";
      > sleep(1);
      > my @mnp = FindWindowLike(undef,'MyNewPlace');
      >
      > if (!@mnp)
      > {
      > die "cann't open the mynewplace page\n";
      > }
      > else
      > {
      > printf ("Mynewplace handle control id is %x\n ", $mnp[0]);
      > }
      >
      > SetForegroundWindow($mnp[0]);
      >
      > MouseMoveAbsPix(480,300);
      > SendKeys( 'New york');
      > SendMouse("{LeftClick}");
      >
      > *******is there any other way to click on Go button?
      >
      > *******and also after clicking Go button i want my code to wait
      for
      > sometime so that it uploads all the images...etc....
      >
      > Thanks...
      > yash

    • baiyang1
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
        Just use sendkeys function. That is OK?

        #!/usr/bin/perl -w
        use Win32::GuiTest qw ( :ALL);
        use warnings;

        use strict;
        system "start http://www.Mynewplace.com";
        sleep(1);
        my @mnp = FindWindowLike(undef,'MyNewPlace');

        if (!@mnp)
        {
        die "cann't open the mynewplace page\n";
        }
        else
        {
        printf ("Mynewplace handle control id is %x\n ", $mnp[0]);
        }

        SetForegroundWindow($mnp[0]);

        #MouseMoveAbsPix(480,300);
        SendKeys( 'New york');
        SendKeys( "{TAB}~");
        sleep 10; # "10" is the time you want waiting for loading image,and
        you can change it.
        #SendMouse("{LeftClick}");

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "kumar21yash" <kumar21yash@...>

        > im trying to click on a button called Go. i could able do this with
        > the following code...
        >
        > use Win32::GuiTest qw ( :ALL);
        > use warnings;
        >
        > use strict;
        > system "start http://www.Mynewplace.com";
        > sleep(1);
        > my @mnp = FindWindowLike(undef,'MyNewPlace');
        >
        > if (!@mnp)
        > {
        > die "cann't open the mynewplace page\n";
        > }
        > else
        > {
        > printf ("Mynewplace handle control id is %x\n ", $mnp[0]);
        > }
        >
        > SetForegroundWindow($mnp[0]);
        >
        > MouseMoveAbsPix(480,300);
        > SendKeys( 'New york');
        > SendMouse("{LeftClick}");
        >
        > *******is there any other way to click on Go button?
        >
        > *******and also after clicking Go button i want my code to wait for
        > sometime so that it uploads all the images...etc....
        >
        > Thanks...
        > yash

      • baiyang1
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
          Is it your want?

          wrote:

          > Take a screen shot and paste it in the mspaint.
          > Point the Button or anything using mouse and find the co ordinates
          > in the progress bar.......
          >
          > But we need to find a general solution for this.......
          >
          > KEep posting......
          >
          > Thanks......
          > Yash....
          >

          > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "kumar21yash" <kumar21yash@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > > im trying to click on a button called Go. i could able do this
          > with
          > > the following code...
          > >
          > > use Win32::GuiTest qw ( :ALL);
          > > use warnings;
          > >
          > > use strict;
          > > system "start http://www.Mynewplace.com";
          > > sleep(1);
          > > my @mnp = FindWindowLike(undef,'MyNewPlace');
          > >
          > > if (!@mnp)
          > > {
          > > die "cann't open the mynewplace page\n";
          > > }
          > > else
          > > {
          > > printf ("Mynewplace handle control id is %x\n ", $mnp[0]);
          > > }
          > >
          > > SetForegroundWindow($mnp[0]);
          > >
          > > MouseMoveAbsPix(480,300);
          > > SendKeys( 'New york');
          > > SendMouse("{LeftClick}");
          > >
          > > *******is there any other way to click on Go button?
          > >
          > > *******and also after clicking Go button i want my code to wait
          > for
          > > sometime so that it uploads all the images...etc....
          > >
          > > Thanks...
          > > yash

        • swayam_fly
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 16, 2006
            Hi ,

            is there any way if u can capture the control id of Go
            button and send a mouse click to that button ???if this is possible
            then we don't have to give the X, Y co-ordinate or {TAB} directly
            by knowing the control id we can send our command .

            Thanks
            Swayam

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "baiyang1" <baiyang1@...> wrote:

            > Is it your want?
            >
            > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
            > use Win32::GuiTest qw ( :ALL);
            > use warnings;
            >
            > use strict;
            > system "start http://www.Mynewplace.com";
            > sleep(1);
            > my @mnp = FindWindowLike(undef,'MyNewPlace');
            >
            > if (!@mnp)
            > {
            > die "cann't open the mynewplace page\n";
            > }
            > else
            > {
            > printf ("Mynewplace handle control id is %x\n ", $mnp[0]);
            > }
            >
            > SetForegroundWindow($mnp[0]);
            >
            > #MouseMoveAbsPix(480,300);
            > SendKeys( 'New york');
            > SendKeys( "{TAB}~");
            > sleep 10; # "10" is the time you want waiting for loading
            image,and
            > you can change it.
            > #SendMouse("{LeftClick}");
            >
            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "kumar21yash" <kumar21yash@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Take a screen shot and paste it in the mspaint.
            > > Point the Button or anything using mouse and find the co
            ordinates
            > > in the progress bar.......
            > >
            > > But we need to find a general solution for this.......
            > >
            > > KEep posting......
            > >
            > > Thanks......
            > > Yash....
            > >

            > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "kumar21yash" <kumar21yash@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi,
            > > > im trying to click on a button called Go. i could able do this
            > > with
            > > > the following code...
            > > >
            > > > use Win32::GuiTest qw ( :ALL);
            > > > use warnings;
            > > >
            > > > use strict;
            > > > system "start http://www.Mynewplace.com";
            > > > sleep(1);
            > > > my @mnp = FindWindowLike(undef,'MyNewPlace');
            > > >
            > > > if (!@mnp)
            > > > {
            > > > die "cann't open the mynewplace page\n";
            > > > }
            > > > else
            > > > {
            > > > printf ("Mynewplace handle control id is %x\n ", $mnp[0]);
            > > > }
            > > >
            > > > SetForegroundWindow($mnp[0]);
            > > >
            > > > MouseMoveAbsPix(480,300);
            > > > SendKeys( 'New york');
            > > > SendMouse("{LeftClick}");
            > > >
            > > > *******is there any other way to click on Go button?
            > > >
            > > > *******and also after clicking Go button i want my code to
            wait
            > > for
            > > > sometime so that it uploads all the images...etc....
            > > >
            > > > Thanks...
            > > > yash

          • yaswanth kumar
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 16, 2006
              Hi nice to ur reply...
              may be ur not clear about what i wanted...
              let me give an example..
              i have search screen with buttons.....go....clear....enter.....some buttons.....etc...
              now i want to click on enter button without using tab functionality.....
              Hope ur clear now....
              Please let me know........if u have a solution...
              thanks....

              wrote:

              > Take a screen shot and paste it in the mspaint.
              > Point the Button or anything using mouse and find the co ordinates
              > in the progress bar.......
              >
              > But we need to find a general solution for this.......
              >
              > KEep posting......
              >
              > Thanks......
              > Yash....
              >

              > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "kumar21yash" <kumar21yash@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > > im trying to click on a button called Go. i could able do this
              > with
              > > the following code...
              > >
              > > use Win32::GuiTest qw ( :ALL);
              > > use warnings;
              > >
              > > use strict;
              > > system "start http://www.Mynewplace.com";
              > > sleep(1);
              > > my @mnp = FindWindowLike(undef,'MyNewPlace');
              > >
              > > if (!@mnp)
              > > {
              > > die "cann't open the mynewplace page\n";
              > > }
              > > else
              > > {
              > > printf ("Mynewplace handle control id is %x\n ", $mnp[0]);
              > > }
              > >
              > > SetForegroundWindow($mnp[0]);
              > >
              > > MouseMoveAbsPix(480,300);
              > > SendKeys( 'New york');
              > > SendMouse("{LeftClick}");
              > >
              > > *******is there any other way to click on Go button?
              > >
              > > *******and also after clicking Go button i want my code to wait
              > for
              > > sometime so that it uploads all the images...etc....
              > >
              > > Thanks...
              > > yash

              Yaswanth Kumar T