Re: Cursor Type of window

  • Ernesto Guisado <erngui@acm.org>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003

      I think your best bet is to use the Win32::API module. The
      documentation for the module shows how to call 'GetCursorPos'. I
      think you'll need a combination of GetCursor and LoadCursor with the
      flag IDC_WAIT.

      It's not trivial though. You might be better off waiting for a fixed
      period of time before starting...

      Regards,
      Ernesto.
    • Dennis K. Paulsen <ctrondlpaulsden@yahoo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003

        If you are not already using WaitWindowLike to wait for the window to
        come up, I would suggest trying that first. If that doesn't work,
        you can check to see if the window is enabled for mouse and keyboard
        input (according to the MSDN documentation) by using IsWindowEnabled;
        which is available in the Win32::GUITest module, however I don't
        recall ever using it.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "swoolet <spw57nc@h...>"

      • stupakov <stupakov@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
          I have a similar problem with my perl scripts that use perlguitest
          to open Internet Explorer and connect to my bank web site.
          To check that I have the web page open, I send ^A^C (select all and
          copy) every second to the browser window, and then check from perl
          what I have in the clipboard. It turns out that I get something
          in the clipboard (the contents of the web page) only after
          the page is downloaded. If the clipboard is empty, I know that
          the browser is still loading the page, and wait.

          Hope this helps.

          Gennady.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
            Note: If you wanted to, you could use something like MenuSelect
            ("&Edit|Select &All", [WINDOW HANDLE]) to do the copy. It should be
            more reliable then SendKeys because a window could come in and out of
            the foreground, especially under Win2k/XP. And if you want a better
            way to get the contents of a web page, there is probably a Perl
            module available for it or you could download a Windows version of
            lynx or wget, so you didn't have to open up IE.

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stupakov <stupakov@y...>"

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2003
              That is an interesting subject, and I would be happy if somebody
              gives me a good advice.

              The problem with using external programs as lynx, wget or curl, or
              perl net libraries, is that you have to deal with the web pages that
              are generated dynamically -- analyze them, find the internal forms,
              figure out what to send to the server to get to the next page, and so
              on. However, what kills you is javascript, that is often imbedded in
              the source of web pages, and none of those tools can deal with it.
              I tried that path in the past, an rejected it in favour of gui tools
              (I used AutoIt.exe before switching to perlguitest) in combination
              with IE.

              As for using MenuSelect, this might be a good idea, but I found that
              my SendKeys("^A^C") is pretty robust and works well.

              Thanks.
              Gennady.

              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis K. Paulsen