Re: FindWindowLike doesn't recognise my popup window?

  • maryshi_us
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
      I think FindWindowLike don't know popup window.
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Santosh Kumar"
      <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:

      > I don't find any issues with your code, same peace of code works for
      me with different window title.
      > my @win=FindWindowLike(0, "Open Perl IDE*");
      > die "No agent tool is running, please open one.\n" if not @win;
      > if(@win){
      > print "Tool is running\n" ;
      > }
      >
      > Just try giving exact string as that of window title that you are looking
      for. You can specify regular expression also.

      > Cheers,
      > ~Santosh kumar

    • stuart arnold
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
        1. if you do have the window of "Agent Tool", is the popup window a child of
        it? if so, pass the $win[0] to that call to isolate it.
        2. is the popup window a Windows "window" and not a javascript, etc.. ? They
        tend not to work very well.
        (pls not "o" does not look too well as opposed to a "0" in your example,
        just a complaint...)
        3. using (not @winpop), is probably better to use ($#winpopup < 0) since its
        an array tellingh you # of elements.
        4. Have you tried "^Update" since this function uses regex?

        Hope some of this may help

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
          This happens to me often in my test scripts. It usually is because my
          script gets ahead of the application. It's a matter of timing. Try
          inserting a sleep command before the FindWindowLike line.

          Tim

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
            Thanks!
            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stuart arnold" <stuart.arnold@...>