Re: [perlguitest] Re: FindWindowLike doesn't recognise my popup window?

  • Santosh Kumar
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
      I don't find any issues with your code, same peace of code works for me with different window title.
      my @win=FindWindowLike(0, "Open Perl IDE*");
      die "No agent tool is running, please open one.\n" if not @win;
      if(@win){
      print "Tool is running\n" ;
      }

      Just try giving exact string as that of window title that you are looking for. You can specify regular expression also.

      Cheers,
      ~Santosh kumar

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
        I think FindWindowLike don't know popup window.
        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Santosh Kumar"
        <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:

        > I don't find any issues with your code, same peace of code works for
        me with different window title.
        > my @win=FindWindowLike(0, "Open Perl IDE*");
        > die "No agent tool is running, please open one.\n" if not @win;
        > if(@win){
        > print "Tool is running\n" ;
        > }
        >
        > Just try giving exact string as that of window title that you are looking
        for. You can specify regular expression also.

        > Cheers,
        > ~Santosh kumar

      • stuart arnold
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
          1. if you do have the window of "Agent Tool", is the popup window a child of
          it? if so, pass the $win[0] to that call to isolate it.
          2. is the popup window a Windows "window" and not a javascript, etc.. ? They
          tend not to work very well.
          (pls not "o" does not look too well as opposed to a "0" in your example,
          just a complaint...)
          3. using (not @winpop), is probably better to use ($#winpopup < 0) since its
          an array tellingh you # of elements.
          4. Have you tried "^Update" since this function uses regex?

          Hope some of this may help

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
            This happens to me often in my test scripts. It usually is because my
            script gets ahead of the application. It's a matter of timing. Try
            inserting a sleep command before the FindWindowLike line.

            Tim

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
              Thanks!
              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stuart arnold" <stuart.arnold@...>