RE: [perlguitest] FindWindowLike doesn't recognise my popup window?

  • Chris Hilton
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
      Is FindWindowLike(0, "Update ") supposed to have a space after Update?

      Chris

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 10, 2006
        I tried with and without space. Neither of them works.
        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@...> wrote:

        > Is FindWindowLike(0, "Update ") supposed to have a space after
        Update?

        > Chris
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Santosh Kumar
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
          I don't find any issues with your code, same peace of code works for me with different window title.
          my @win=FindWindowLike(0, "Open Perl IDE*");
          die "No agent tool is running, please open one.\n" if not @win;
          if(@win){
          print "Tool is running\n" ;
          }

          Just try giving exact string as that of window title that you are looking for. You can specify regular expression also.

          Cheers,
          ~Santosh kumar

          I tried with and without space. Neither of them works.
          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hilton" <chilton@...> wrote:

          > Is FindWindowLike(0, "Update ") supposed to have a space after
          Update?

          > Chris
          >

          > ________________________________

        • maryshi_us
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
            I think FindWindowLike don't know popup window.
            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Santosh Kumar"
            <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:

            > I don't find any issues with your code, same peace of code works for
            me with different window title.
            > my @win=FindWindowLike(0, "Open Perl IDE*");
            > die "No agent tool is running, please open one.\n" if not @win;
            > if(@win){
            > print "Tool is running\n" ;
            > }
            >
            > Just try giving exact string as that of window title that you are looking
            for. You can specify regular expression also.

            > Cheers,
            > ~Santosh kumar

          • stuart arnold
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
              1. if you do have the window of "Agent Tool", is the popup window a child of
              it? if so, pass the $win[0] to that call to isolate it.
              2. is the popup window a Windows "window" and not a javascript, etc.. ? They
              tend not to work very well.
              (pls not "o" does not look too well as opposed to a "0" in your example,
              just a complaint...)
              3. using (not @winpop), is probably better to use ($#winpopup < 0) since its
              an array tellingh you # of elements.
              4. Have you tried "^Update" since this function uses regex?

              Hope some of this may help

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
                This happens to me often in my test scripts. It usually is because my
                script gets ahead of the application. It's a matter of timing. Try
                inserting a sleep command before the FindWindowLike line.

                Tim

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
                  Thanks!
                  --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "stuart arnold" <stuart.arnold@...>