Re: Compatible with Perl v5.8 build 804?

  • Dennis K. Paulsen <ctrondlp@netins.net>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
      Some of the nice changes in 5.8.0 caused Perl module binaries
      created under 5.6.x (i.e., Win32::GUITest) to be incompatible.

      Possible Options:
      to install this module.
      2) Wait for a build of the Win32::GUITest module that supports 5.8.0
      (not sure how long it will take).
      3) Install MS Visual C++ 6.0 and select the setup environment
      variables option at the end of the install, download the source code
      for Win32::GUITest from the Files section of this group, do a perl
      Makefile.pl, nmake, nmake install from the command line.
      4) I can do step 3 for you and send you the required files.

      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "hasha2 <hasha2@y...>"
      <hasha2@y...> wrote:
      > Currently I am getting the following error after trying "ppm
      install
      > win32-guitest.ppd" from appropriate directory:
      >
      > Error:
      > no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.
      >

      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "hasha2 <hasha2@y...>"
      > <hasha2@y...> wrote:
      > > I am trying to install Win32-GuiTest-1.49.1 usinf ppm on Perl
      v5.8
      > > build 804. Error message reports that GuiTest is not for this
      > version
      > > of Perl. Will there be an upgrade soon? How can I install now?
    • bugreaper94088
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12, 2003
        If you are using the perl version from ActiveState, then you can use
        there ppm tool and install Win32-GuiTest from their site. The only
        problem is that's it's version 1.3.

        If you must have version 1.49 then you will have to build the package
        yourself. I've tried that and I'm still got an error, but maybe
        you'll have better luck.

        to build the package yourself you will need to get nmake from
        http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc15/Patch/1.52/W95/EN-
        US/Nmake15.exe. Also, if you're using the ACtiveState perl
        distribution the instruction on how to build the package is in the
        table of contents under PPM.

        I hope this helps.

        Good Luck