Compatible with Perl v5.8 build 804?

  • hasha2 <hasha2@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
      I am trying to install Win32-GuiTest-1.49.1 usinf ppm on Perl v5.8
      build 804. Error message reports that GuiTest is not for this version
      of Perl. Will there be an upgrade soon? How can I install now?
    • hasha2 <hasha2@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
        Currently I am getting the following error after trying "ppm install
        win32-guitest.ppd" from appropriate directory:

        Error:
        no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "hasha2 <hasha2@y...>"
      • Dennis K. Paulsen <ctrondlp@netins.net>
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
          Some of the nice changes in 5.8.0 caused Perl module binaries
          created under 5.6.x (i.e., Win32::GUITest) to be incompatible.

          Possible Options:
          to install this module.
          2) Wait for a build of the Win32::GUITest module that supports 5.8.0
          (not sure how long it will take).
          3) Install MS Visual C++ 6.0 and select the setup environment
          variables option at the end of the install, download the source code
          for Win32::GUITest from the Files section of this group, do a perl
          Makefile.pl, nmake, nmake install from the command line.
          4) I can do step 3 for you and send you the required files.

          <hasha2@y...> wrote:
          > Currently I am getting the following error after trying "ppm
          install
          > win32-guitest.ppd" from appropriate directory:
          >
          > Error:
          > no suitable installation target found for package Win32-GuiTest.
          >

          > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "hasha2 <hasha2@y...>"
          > <hasha2@y...> wrote:
          > > I am trying to install Win32-GuiTest-1.49.1 usinf ppm on Perl
          v5.8
          > > build 804. Error message reports that GuiTest is not for this
          > version
          > > of Perl. Will there be an upgrade soon? How can I install now?
        • bugreaper94088
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 12, 2003
            If you are using the perl version from ActiveState, then you can use
            there ppm tool and install Win32-GuiTest from their site. The only
            problem is that's it's version 1.3.

            If you must have version 1.49 then you will have to build the package
            yourself. I've tried that and I'm still got an error, but maybe
            you'll have better luck.

            to build the package yourself you will need to get nmake from
            http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc15/Patch/1.52/W95/EN-
            US/Nmake15.exe. Also, if you're using the ACtiveState perl
            distribution the instruction on how to build the package is in the
            table of contents under PPM.

            I hope this helps.

            Good Luck