Re: Win32::GuiTest scripts fail over SSH

  • paramsan1234
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      Disclaimer: This does not relates to Win32::GuiTest in any way I can
      think of.

      How to run a script remotely on another computer?
      "execute the Win32::GuiTest scripts remotely in an automated way"

      Hmmm did I see "remotely" scripts "automated way"...
      If you don't care about security and the machine is immediately on the
      same network,

      use 'psexec.exe' from SysInternals
      The Link:

      Do read the full documentation on the page, taking into account that
      if you don't give the username and password, the scripts might not be
      able to see a network location.

      One could run it like:

      # Somewhere in the perl program on some safe machine...
      $scriptReturn = system("PATH_TO_PSEXEC_EXE \\\\CompName
      PATH_TO_PERL_EXE $someScript arg1 arg2 ... argN");
      # I wanna wait till psexec.exe to returns a value or equivalently my
      scripts return a value

      Once set-up you can try more switches, espacially considering the fact
      that your script runs in the working directory of C:\Windows\System32
      usually and I cannot yet find a way in perl to change a directory to a
      full qualified UNC path name!

      But yeah do read the full documentation for psExec and the security

      Hope this helps!

      |Just another newbie learning from the perls of wisdom.|