Click on Next button in a window using perl GUI

  • nandini doijode
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
      I am new to perl. I have a window with caption
      "Install Software" and has "Next" and "Cancel" buttons
      in it. I need to click the "Next" button in the
      window.
      How do I do it using perl GUI.

      Thanks in advance.

      Regards
      Nandini

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Martin McGrath
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
        First of all the module is called Win32::GuiTest, not perl GUI, this makes no sense in the context of the question you have asked.

        Also as I stated in my reply to your previous question, read the documentation that comes with the module. There are many examples given, look at pushbutton.pl in the "eg" folder that comes with the distribution. At the moment it looks as though you have made no effort in trying to do this yourself, as you have provided none of your code (if you have any).

        It is not wise to post asking for someone to complete this task for you as you will have learned nothing by doing so.

        Martin

        nandini doijode <ds_nandini@...> wrote: Hi,
        I am new to perl. I have a window with caption
        "Install Software" and has "Next" and "Cancel" buttons
        in it. I need to click the "Next" button in the
        window.
        How do I do it using perl GUI.

        Thanks in advance.

        Regards
        Nandini

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Susruth Sudhakaran
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
          Use FindWindowLike to get the "Install Software" window.
          Use FindChildWindow to get the Next and Cancel buttons.

          Regards
          ss
          nandini doijode <ds_nandini@...> wrote:
          Hi,
          I am new to perl. I have a window with caption
          "Install Software" and has "Next" and "Cancel" buttons
          in it. I need to click the "Next" button in the
          window.
          How do I do it using perl GUI.

          Thanks in advance.

          Regards
          Nandini

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Susruth Sudhakaran

          You are not responsible for what happens to you in life but you are definitely responsible for how you respond to it
          -------Some great Man(Not Me)