Firmware installation automation

  • nandini doijode
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      Hi ,

      I am trying to automate "firmware installation" using
      perl. I have firmware present in a website. I need to
      download the firmware to local machine path and then
      specify the IP address of the machine on which this
      firmware has to be installed. (To install the firmware
      on the specified machine, I need to select option 1
      from the firmware menu displayed.)

      Since I am new to perl, please guide me in automating
      the above steps.

      Thanks in advance.

      Regards
      Nandini

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Martin McGrath
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
        It sounds like you are totaly new to Perl. Check out the LWP module for downloading the file from the website. The documentation on CPAN clearly covers this. Then try looking at the examples that come with Win32::GuiTest. The documentation for both of these modules is good so I don't think you should have any problems once you have actually read the how to use them. There are also many Perl tutorials on the web to get you started.

        Martin

        nandini doijode <ds_nandini@...> wrote: Hi ,

        I am trying to automate "firmware installation" using
        perl. I have firmware present in a website. I need to
        download the firmware to local machine path and then
        specify the IP address of the machine on which this
        firmware has to be installed. (To install the firmware
        on the specified machine, I need to select option 1
        from the firmware menu displayed.)

        Since I am new to perl, please guide me in automating
        the above steps.

        Thanks in advance.

        Regards
        Nandini