Re: [perlguitest] Need Assistance

  • Aravind Lakshminarayanan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2006
      Hi Abhijit

      You could use store the handles to all the buttons in your application (using Win32-guitest API - FindWindowlike) into an array (the output from the API is an array) and then write a small subroutine that randomly chooses an element in an array (you could find a random number between 0 and index of last element in the array and take the int part of it) and pushes that button. You could keep logging this in a file (simply as indices or the window captions using GetWindowText API in win32-guitest). Keep checking if you application has crashed (It might throw a pop-up notification that you can catch) and if so exit program.You now have the log of all actions that have been done on your application

      Hope this helps, kindly let me know if something is not clear or incorrect

      Regards
      Aravind

      abhi_bhopale <abhi_bhopale@...> wrote: hi,all...
      I am Abhijit Bhopale from Bangalore,A new Perl user.
      In my GUI application(VC++ based) more than 200 buttons(both
      including mainfreame & childwindows) r there some time if i go in
      perticular sequence the application crashes we dont have any tool to
      keep it's rceord.
      I want to develope one appication that will keep all record of my
      sequence that i followed.
      Is it possible to give number to all my buttons and whenever i
      clicked a perticular button the corresponding no. will get written in
      some textfile.
      Please suggest me something... hw to get it done..????
      Waiting for reply....