Re: I am new to PERL

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Gabor Szabo" <szabgab@...> wrote:

      > On 8/10/06, Santosh Kumar <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
      > > Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better
      try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if
      you are aware of.
      > > Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where
      people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz
      every body would wish to have a nice time.
      > > ~Santosh
      > >
      > > PS: Don't feel offended.
      >
      > then please don't offend.
      >
      > While you are right, this is not a forum to teach Perl we can still
      > *kindly* point people
      > to the right forums. e.g. http://learn.perl.org/ or in more general
      > http://www.perl.org/
      > or to a specific tutorial or book you like.
      > http://qa.perl.org can be mentioned for generic QA and Perl related
      questions.

      > We should make sure people feel welcomed to ask questions regarding
      > Win32::GuiTest but are not thrown out even if they ask questions
      only
      > slightly related to it.
      >
      > Gabor

      Gabor,
      I do respect your point of view. However in this particular case I do
      not agree with you. I am realy annoyed by all those jerks building
      their reputation by answering RTFM to any question. But from the
      other hand there is a limit of obviousness, which should not be
      exceeded.
      If somebody asks a question on this forum how to learn perl, he/she
      proves that:

      1. He/she did not bother checking what is the profile of this group
      2. He did not bother searching google. "learn perl" and "learning
      perl" gives so obvious results that I can't think of any explanation
      for asking such a basic question here.

      Such attitudes annoy me and I can imagine that they can annoy others.

      I don't want to start a discussion. As I said, I respect your point
      of view, but as a second moderator, want to mention that my opinion
      in this matter is different

      --Piotr