Re: [perlguitest] I am new to PERL

  • Gabor Szabo
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2006
      On 8/10/06, Santosh Kumar <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:

      > Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
      > Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if you are aware of.
      > Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz every body would wish to have a nice time.
      > ~Santosh
      >
      > PS: Don't feel offended.

      then please don't offend.

      While you are right, this is not a forum to teach Perl we can still
      *kindly* point people
      to the right forums. e.g. http://learn.perl.org/ or in more general to
      http://www.perl.org/
      or to a specific tutorial or book you like.
      http://qa.perl.org can be mentioned for generic QA and Perl related questions.

      We should make sure people feel welcomed to ask questions regarding
      Win32::GuiTest but are not thrown out even if they ask questions only
      slightly related to it.

      Gabor
    • Maheshreddy Buthalapalli
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
        Hi Mr. Gabor,
        Thank You for ur reply....and also for the links...Have a nice time...

        ---Mahesh

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Gabor Szabo" <szabgab@...> wrote:

          > On 8/10/06, Santosh Kumar <kadlisantosh@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Mahesh, this is not a forum to Teach Perl.
          > > Perl is always good to know, if you are interested you better
          try searching "Learning Perl" keyword in some thing called Google if
          you are aware of.
          > > Pls don't post such unnecessary messages on to a forum where
          people are really serious to create and learn better stuff, bcoz
          every body would wish to have a nice time.
          > > ~Santosh
          > >
          > > PS: Don't feel offended.
          >
          > then please don't offend.
          >
          > While you are right, this is not a forum to teach Perl we can still
          > *kindly* point people
          > to the right forums. e.g. http://learn.perl.org/ or in more general
          > http://www.perl.org/
          > or to a specific tutorial or book you like.
          > http://qa.perl.org can be mentioned for generic QA and Perl related
          questions.

          > We should make sure people feel welcomed to ask questions regarding
          > Win32::GuiTest but are not thrown out even if they ask questions
          only
          > slightly related to it.
          >
          > Gabor

          Gabor,
          I do respect your point of view. However in this particular case I do
          not agree with you. I am realy annoyed by all those jerks building
          their reputation by answering RTFM to any question. But from the
          other hand there is a limit of obviousness, which should not be
          exceeded.
          If somebody asks a question on this forum how to learn perl, he/she
          proves that:

          1. He/she did not bother checking what is the profile of this group
          2. He did not bother searching google. "learn perl" and "learning
          perl" gives so obvious results that I can't think of any explanation
          for asking such a basic question here.

          Such attitudes annoy me and I can imagine that they can annoy others.

          I don't want to start a discussion. As I said, I respect your point
          of view, but as a second moderator, want to mention that my opinion
          in this matter is different

          --Piotr